Juicing has been around for decades. Slow juicing is becoming more popular, and a large number of juicer models with lower rpm are coming on the market. Compared to traditional juicers, which operate at about 3,500 rpm to more than 10,000, slow juicers operate at 80 to 200 rpm. Slow juicers, also known as masticating juicers or cold press juicers, are sure to get plenty of use. You will enjoy your juicing experience more than ever before plus great health benefits and even tastier juices. Slow juicing produces more nutritious drinks.
There are a ton of different juicers to choose from, and some are better than others. We have chosen the best for you in our guide.
- 1 What to Look for in a Slow Juicer (Cold Press Juicer)?
- 2 Top 11 Best Slow Juicer Line Up:
- 2.1 1. Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer
- 2.2 2. SKG Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor with Wide Chute
- 2.3 3. Tribest Slowstar Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer
- 2.4 4. Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor
- 2.5 5. BuySevenSide best juicer Extractor for Low speed extraction
- 2.6 6. Slow masticating juicer by Amzchef
- 2.7 7. Slow masticating juicer for fruits and vegetables with brush and BPA free cup by Homever
- 2.8 8. Slow masticating juicer with reverse function and cold press by Koios
- 2.9 9. “Ultra juicer” with three inch chute that accepts whole fruits and vegetables by Mueller Austria
- 2.10 10. Slow masticating juicer extractor with juice jug and brush by Aobosi
- 2.11 11. Slow masticating juicer and extractor with juice jug and brush by Homgeek
- 3 Which Cold Press Juicer Should You Buy?
- 4 Why a Slow Juicer over Centrifugal Juicer?
- 5 Understand that a slow juicer is not a blender or food processor
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
What to Look for in a Slow Juicer (Cold Press Juicer)?
Not all slow juicers are created equally. You should consider some key factors when you are shopping for a slow juicer to put to use in your kitchen. These factors will help you decide which Top 5
Vertical or Horizontal?
While you can’t go wrong with either of these choices, there are a couple of differences you should be aware of when making your decision. The horizontal versions allow you more versatility since these types are those that can make nut butters, baby foods and more. The vertical variety cannot necessarily undertake these functions as well.
The horizontal runs a little slower than vertical since gravity works along with the vertical models. Vertical models will also require less space on your countertop than a horizontal version, so if you are short on kitchen space this should be taken into consideration. If you are juicing ingredients like ginger, you need a verticle auger. This makes it easer to drop in smaller ingredients and get better yield.
Single versus Double Auger
The auger refers to the gears within the juicer. If you have a single auger slow juicer, it will obviously juice at a slower pace than a double auger juicer. However, this option will be reflected in the price point. Single auger style will handle smaller loads than a double auger slow juicer as well.
Recommended Read: Best Masticating Juicers Under 200 – Top 10 Recommendations
Some slow juicers are only made with one speed setting, while others are available with two or more. These ones are great for getting through fruits or tougher skins. The slower speeds are great for vegetables and leafy greens. If you can, it is best to find a slow juicer with dual speeds at the minimum.
Top 11 Best Slow Juicer Line Up:
1. Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer
The Omega Nutrition Center is a versatile, powerful slow juicer. It features an automatic pulp ejector system to prevent clogging and allow continuous use.
It is a very versatile machine with the capability to make nut butters, baby food, sorbets and even grind coffee. This Juicer runs at 80 rpm which is great for slow juicers. If you want a juicer to match your décor, these are available in multiple color selections.
- Versatile machine to juice, grind coffee, make nut butter, sorbet, baby food, extrude pasta and so much more
- Automatic pulp ejection to prevent clogging and overheating
- High juice yield
- Runs at 80rpm
- Dual speed juicer system
- Mid range price point; you get more for your money with this juicer
- Small feed chute
- Horizontal design takes up more counter space
- Juicer screen is made of plastic and can break over time
2. SKG Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor with Wide Chute
This vertical, stylish slow juicer boasts a large 3-inch chute opening which means less cutting or chopping for you. Fruits and vegetables will fit easily through the wide opening, without much fuss.
The SKG juicer runs at a very low speed, allowing all the important nutrients and minerals to stay in tact within your juices. It is a versatile juicer with stainless steel and silicone parts for longer life.
- Slow speed
- Extra wide food chute accommodates bulky fruits and vegetables with less chopping on your part
- Very sleek and stylish
- Vertical design takes little counter space
- Clog resistant
- Can make sorbets, baby food, tofu and more…
- No auto pulp ejector
- Can be tricky to take apart to wash
- Higher price point than other slow juicers
3. Tribest Slowstar Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer
- ELECTRIC JUICER AND MINCER: Featuring a powerful 200-watt motor and 3-stage speed reduction gears, Slowstar masticating juicer provides slow, cold press juice...
- DUO-BLADE ULTEM AUGER: The vertical cold press juicer features duo-blade that creates two times more cutting action. The auger rapidly cuts and crushes your...
- MINCING ATTACHMENT: Increase the versatility of Slowstar mincer chopper by turning it into a multi-purpose tool with the included mincing attachment which...
- EASY TO CLEAN: Electric slow masticating cold press juicer comes with a cap that prevents leaks and drips while switching containers and is detachable for easy...
- LIVE TRIBEST LIFE: At Tribrest, we provide you with quality products that will energize your life. Our motto is "Making healthy living easy" and we ensure that...
The Tribest Slowstar is versatile machine which offers more than just delicious juices. This model comes with an included mincer, perfect for garlic and other herbs plus so much more.
It runs at 47 rpm for a truly slow juicing affect, to get the most nutrients possible from your fruits and veggies. It boasts a dual auger system for more efficiency in bigger loads. This juicer comes with a juice cap, which allows you to switch containers if you need to during the juicing process without making a mess.
- Runs at a super slow speed of 47RPM
- Vertical design requires less space
- Includes a detachable mincer for garlic, sorbets, nut butters and more
- Dual auger to process larger quantities
- Juice cap to allow you to switch containers mid-juicing process
- High torque to juice even the toughest veggies like carrots
- Stainless-steel strainer included
- Easy to clean with included little brush
- Slightly higher price point than other slow juicers
- Not as quiet as other machines
- Can overheat easily
- Plastic base may crack over time
4. Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor
- 🍊 Upgraded Spiral System - 7 segment spiral opening up each cell for maximum juice yield, minimal oxidation, most nutrition.
- 🍏 80 Rpm Slow Masticating and Grinding - 90% More Nutrition Growth, without creating too much heat and friction. Reserving the vitamins, enzymes, minerals,...
- 🍍 Juice & Pulp Separation Function - Perfectly separates the pomace from the juice, and extracts the nutrients from the fruits and vegetables into juice....
- 🍓 Baby Health and Silence - Runs less than 60 decibels. Safe PMMA material, easy to assemble, operate, and clean. Dishwasher-safe parts make cleanup a...
- 🍎 3 Years of Quality Assurance - This juicer using advanced technology, with UL, ETL certification. Provide lifelong technical consultation.
The Aicok Slow Juicer is a horizontal style appliance which runs at about 80rpm, for slow, steady juicing. It has an automatic pulp ejection system to allow you to continuously juice without stopping to empty a pulp chamber.
The machine also features a reverse function to prevent clogging up the machine. For a horizontal model, it doesn’t take up too much space and runs quietly too.
- Automatic pulp ejector
- Reverse function for anti-clogging
- Easy to clean with parts that all come off
- Easy to use
- Can be used for all leafy greens, fruits and vegetables regardless of how hard or soft
- Quiet operation
- Plastic parts may not be durable over time
- Feed chute is a little narrow; you will need to cut up food pieces a little more to fit
- Horizontal means it requires more space to store or display
5. BuySevenSide best juicer Extractor for Low speed extraction
- 8.6cm Diameter Large Feed Tube - Large tube is convenient for the extraction of the whole fruit or vegetables with no need to slice them.Start your healthy life...
- Eeay to Clean & Easy to Use - Dishwasher Safe parts are detachable and easy to reinstall. Just wash the detachable parts in dishwasher. And the non-removable...
- Large Pulp Outlet & up to 98% Juice Yield - No obstruction in pulping. Low speed extraction produces up to 98% fresh juice. No waste on fruits or vegetables. No...
- Safety First Design - Magnetic induction Switch will not be turned on if the switch is not yet settled well, which protects you from unforeseen accidents. Also,...
- 49db Ultra-quiet Working Condition - Super Quiet when turned on. No more worry about noising family members in the morning or at night. Just prepare a fresh and...
This vertical juicer takes up a very small amount of space and yet has great power. The extra wide food chute is large enough to accommodate some whole fruits and vegetables which means less work for you.
The pulp is automatically ejected, reducing the need to clear out built up pulp. It features a quiet operation at 60 RPM for retention of nutrients and minerals in your juices.
- Automatic pulp ejector with wide mouth to prevent back up
- 60 RPM for great nutrient retention
- Small footprint, takes up less counter space
- Food chute is extra large for some whole fruits and vegetables
- Also works for beans
- Includes many accessories including a juice pitcher
- Juice stopper to allow you to stop the juice flow as needed during the process
- Above average price range
- Might be a little too tall to fit under kitchen cabinetry
- Plastic base may crack over time due to weight of overall machine
6. Slow masticating juicer by Amzchef
- Great Household Gift!!! 【Multi-purpose for Fruits ¡ê| Veggies,Upgrade Spiral System】AMZCHEF juicer machines with 7 spiral masticating for maximum juice...
- 【Higher and Purer Juice Yield and Richer Nutrition】 AMZCHEF slow masticating juicer uses a low speed motor and fine grinding which best retains the...
- 【Small Caliber Cold Press Masticating Juicer】AMZCHEF slow juicer with small feeder chute allows you can remove the seeds when you cytting the fruit to...
- 【Intelligent Protection Chips and Easy to Assemble】Cold press juicer equipped with intelligent protection chips, making it stop automatically for every 20...
- 【AMZCHEF Slow Masticating Juicer Warranty and Service】 We want you to feel safe with your purchase, That's why we stand behing our AMZCHEF cold press jucier...
A common problem with a lot of juicing machines is that they can be very loud. Whether they produce a hum or get louder than a blender, there is no denying how loud slow juicing machines can get. At just under 60db of sound when turned on and operating, Amzchef’s slow juicing machine will not sound like a noisy blender when juicing, which makes using it a little more pleasurable than other juicers, which can be unpleasant because how loud they can be.
Another thing that makes Amzchef’s slow juicing machine better than other slow juicing machines is that it is easy to clean because of its compact design. While you will still need to take it apart to clean it, it all comes back together very easily which lowers the time needed to clean after using it. Juicing machines can burn out after being on for too long. This is caused by certain things being stuck in the machine. To solve this issue, Amzchef’s juicing machine turns off after being on for 20 minutes straight, which prevents parts and components of the machine from overworking.
Amzchef’s juicer machine is not really designed to make a lot of juice, however. Only having a capacity to fill a 700mL glass of juice, you’ll need to use it a lot if you plan on making a lot of juice.
7. Slow masticating juicer for fruits and vegetables with brush and BPA free cup by Homever
- 【Best Masticating Juicer】Homever best masticating juicer has been improved while maintaining the original appearance, which is more convenient to use, and...
- 【Closer to the Original Juice】The compact structure of Homever juice machine can effectively slow down the natural oxidation rate of the juice, and 7...
- 【Quiet and Safe】 150W motor- less than 60 decibels ensure a quiet environment even when the baby sleeping. And small mouth design to put ingredients that...
- 【Easy to Clean】Homever slow juicer features a safety lock design, helps you easy to assemble and disassemble in minutes. It is equipped with a special...
- 【Premium Service】Homever masticating juicer comes with 1-Month Free Trial & Lifelong Technical Support & 24 Hours Premium Service. If you have any issues...
Even though most slow juicers universally do a much better job of extracting juice from fruits and vegetables than their centrifugal counterparts, not many do it as perfectly and as concisely as Homever’s slow juicer.
Utilizing a 7 step segment system to masticate the produce that is placed in the juicer, you will get much more juice with more nutrients using Homever’s slow juicer. Even other slow juicers do not use this system, and when compared against Homever’s juicer, it shows.
Operating at only 65 dB, Homever’s slow juicer is much less noisy than other juicers. It is certainly less noisy than most blenders, which operate at close to 100 dB. This is very nice if you want to use it when other people in your home need things to be quiet.
Homever’s slow juicer is also much easier to clean than even other slow juicers. Containing a safety lock that prevents it from accidentally becoming disassembled, you will not need to worry about it coming apart. Despite this, taking it apart to clean is still very easy.
The only real issue with Homever’s slow juicer is that because of its 7 segment system that it uses to extract juice, it also takes a longer time for it to create juice. Seeing that it makes the same 8 or so ounces of juice that other slow juicers do, it is decisively worse in terms of the time it takes to make juice.
8. Slow masticating juicer with reverse function and cold press by Koios
- 【Multi-application】: masticating juicer can extract all kinds of fibrous fruits and vegetables, such as celery, ginger, leafy greens, carrot, apples,...
- 【Quiet and convenient】: the juicer is less than 60Db when working. And it is easy to assemble, operate, and clean, dishwasher-safe parts make clean up a...
- 【Higher nutritional value】: compared to Centrifugal juicer, the masticating juicer keeps the minerals, enzymes, vitamins, trace minerals and nutrients from...
- 【Higher juicer yield】: compared to Centrifugal juicers, slow juicer is higher juice yield by the auger squeezing and reverse function. You will get really...
- 【What you get】: slow juicer adopts advanced technology and is made of baby food grade BPA-free materials. Our motor is covered by a 10 years. The remaining...
Something that most slow juicers do not really contain are options. In most cases, they will get nutrients from what are placed in them in one way and one way only. Different than these, Koios’ slow juicer contains a couple of options that those who are experienced in juicing can use to their advantage. It has soft and hard settings, as well as a unique reverse setting.
These settings offer more options than not only centrifugal juicers, but other slow juicers as well. They make it possible to create juice from nearly any kind of produce. And these settings are also not necessary to operate Koios’ juicer. If you want to use it like any other slow juicer, all you need to do is leave it on the “hard” setting.
Koios’ slow juicer operates at 60 dB at most. This is not only much more quiet than centrifugal juicers and blenders, but it is also quieter than other slow juicers, which often reach sound levels of 70 dB or so. If you are looking for a slow juicer that is not loud at all, you have found the right one in Koios’ slow juicer.
The only thing that Koios’ slow juicer has working against it is that unlike other juicer machines of its kind, it cannot stay on for too long before overheating. If you are planning to make a lot of juice with it in one sitting, you will need to set aside a lot of time.
9. “Ultra juicer” with three inch chute that accepts whole fruits and vegetables by Mueller Austria
- Large Feed Chute - 3 inch feed chute easily accepts large pieces of fruits and vegetables greatly reducing prep times and also has a smaller feed chute...
- Greater Juice Yield With Dryer Pulp - The patented mechanism spins at 60 rpm extracting up to 60% more juice and 50% more vitamins and minerals than centrifugal...
- Anti-drip Design And Easy Fast Clean-ups - The pre-clean function allows for no cumbersome clean-ups.
- Safer Operation - The safety sensor button assures that if all the parts are not correctly installed and attached, the juicer will not operate. This greatly...
- Quality Above All Els - Engineered in Germany and built with quality in mind, the Mueller Ultra Juicer was designed and tested through three professional grade...
Using traditional slow juicers can be time consuming. This is because a lot of them are very small and will require you to cut up whatever fruits and vegetables you want to extract juice from.
Another reason it is time consuming is because most traditional slow juicers only yield about 8 ounces of juice. If you have a lot of time on your hands, this is negligible. But if you do not have much to spare, this can be an issue.
Mueller Austria’s “Ultra Juicer” solves this problem in two ways. First, the chute is 3 inches around. This will allow you to put whole fruits and vegetables in it without much penalty. At worst, you may need to cut certain fruits and vegetables in half, but it is much better than taking the time to slice them up.
Another way the Ultra Juicer makes preparation much faster is by having very large juice and pulp containers. While most slow juicers can only create about 8 ounces of juice from produce, the Ultra Juicer can create much, much more than this.
Because of its size, cleaning the Ultra Juicer can be a herculean task that will take much longer than its smaller counterparts. It is also much louder than its other counterparts, being only slightly less loud than a blender.
10. Slow masticating juicer extractor with juice jug and brush by Aobosi
- ✔🍇🎀Christmas Gift!🎀 ✔【Multi-purpose for Fruits &Veggies】: This juicer that can extract various of fruits and vegetables in a few minutes,...
- ✔🍅【High Juice Yield & Richer Nutrition】:slow masticating can perfectly separate juice and pulp,extracting higher-purity juice and preserving higher...
- ✔🍒【Safe & Quiet Operation】: Our cold press juicer equipped with intelligent protection chips, making it stop automatically for every 20 minutes'...
- ✔🍉【Quick & Easy to Clean】: This juicer machine features a safety lock design, helps you easy to assemble and disassemble in minutes. Has REVERSE...
- ✔🍏 【PREMIUM SERVICE】: For Amazon customers, this product comes with Lifelong Technical Support & 24 Hours PREMIUM SERVICE. If you have any issues about...
A common problem that a lot of slow juicer machines share is that they can get clogged up after being used a lot. If you aren’t ready to clean it in between sessions, you should expect some sort of clogging.
Aobosi’s slow juicer machine solves this issue with a reverse setting. A rare setting in most slow juicer machines, the reverse setting will prevent clogging while still retaining a higher juice yield. This is a very nice feature if you intend to make a lot of juice with this machine.
Another thing that makes Aobosi’s slow juicer every effective for long term use is that its filter is a little stronger than most of its counterparts. You’ll taste the difference as the juice comes out smoother and with less pulp.
Aside from these qualities, nothing else really stands out with Aobosi’s slow juicer machine. It is quiet like all of its counterparts are, it is easy to take apart and clean like its counterparts, and it has a very limited capacity like its counterparts.
Even the brush and jug that are included in Aobosi’s slow juicer machine are usually included in most other slow juicer machines of its kind. The only redeeming quality of Aobosi’s slow juicer machine seems to be its reverse setting. Other than that, it is the same as most other common slow juicing machines.
11. Slow masticating juicer and extractor with juice jug and brush by Homgeek
A lot of juicers, be them centrifugal or slow juicing, struggle with filtering. They contain solid filters that do a decent job of extracting the right nutrients from fruits and vegetables, but that is the problem: They only contain one filter for one type of juice. While this does not mean it is impossible to juice both fruits and vegetables in one of these juicers, the quality of either your fruit or vegetable juice will be severely compromised depending on what the filter specializes in.
Homgeek’s slow juicer separates itself from all other slow juicer machines by containing a filter for juice from both fruits and vegetables. This improves the quality of both the fruit and vegetable juice that it creates. The universal filter, however, is the only real good thing that stands out with Homgeek’s slow juicer machine. Many slow juicer machines use a 7 segment juicing process. Homgeek’s machine only has a three step process.
You’ll need to be very careful if you want to juice any fruit or vegetable that is really hard with Homgeek’s slow juicer machine. It is not really designed for whole fruits or vegetables.
Which Cold Press Juicer Should You Buy?
While all the top slow juicer machines outlined here are great appliances, there is one that stands out above the rest, in my opinion. If I were to choose one for my home, it would have to be the Omega Nutrition Center Juicer since it ticks off so many boxes in features and functions.
- The Omega offers many different functions aside from slow juicing, which means it gets more use in the kitchen. You can create nut butters, baby food, sorbets and so much more.
- Having the 80 RPM speed means it runs perfectly as a slow juicer but outputs your juices in a timely manner.
- The machine is also available in many fun, stylish colors to match your kitchen and preferences.
- The machine is also available in many fun, stylish colors to match your kitchen and preferences.
- The mid-range price point is perfect for anyone looking to start in juicing as well as seasoned veterans.
- You can make juices or whatever whenever you wish and you won’t disturb the household since it features a quiet operation.
Hopefully this guide to the top 5 best slow juicer appliances has been helpful in making your decision as to which one to buy. Please leave a comment or question since we love hearing from you!
Why a Slow Juicer over Centrifugal Juicer?
There are many differences when it comes to slow juicers versus centrifugal juicers. These differences will help you decide that slow juicing is a more beneficial way to make your home juice recipes. Here we will explore those differences so you can see for yourself exactly what you are purchasing.
Since the word “slow” is in the name slow juicer, it is probably obvious that slow juicers run at a slower speed than centrifugal juicers. You can usually expect a slow juicer to run at 80 to 90 RPM whereas a centrifugal juicer runs between 1000 to 24,000 RPM. This does mean that a centrifugal juicer will turn out the juices it creates faster than a slow juicer, but there are other benefits to a slow juicer despite it’s slower process. Running at a slower RPM means oxidation and separation is eliminated. This process works better for ingredients like carrots. This article will give you more information – Best juicers for carrots.
How it Operates
A centrifugal juicer takes whole fruit and vegetables down it’s tube to a sharp blade where the fruit and vegetable is sliced while the pulp is separated into a different compartment and the juice is output. In slow juicers, fruits and vegetables are pressed which preserves their overall make up, and gives you more of the nutrients contained inside. The pulp left behind is much drier than a centrifugal juicer which means you get more juice to enjoy. Masticating juices are quiet. But there are quiet blenders too. If you want the best of both world, here’s a recommended read – Best Quiet Blenders available in the Market.
To put it simply, centrifugal juicers use up to 1500 watts of energy, whereas slow juicers require about 200 watts. With the rising cost of home heating and energy bills, this savings will surely be appreciated.
Oxidation happens when the juice is exposed to higher temperatures during the juicing process. This happens with centrifugal juicers because of the higher speed they operate at. The juices will begin to oxidize and thus only have a shelf life (in the refrigerator) or about 5 to 8 hours. A slow juicer does not create heat during it’s process since it runs slower. This save from the oxidization process happening to the juices, and means its juices can be kept safely in the fridge from 48 to 72 hours.
More for Your Money
With a slow juicer, you will yield far more juice than with a centrifugal juicer. The pressing process allows more juice to be extracted and pulp removed. This means over the long haul, you will save money on your produce bill since you will require less fruits or vegetables to make your juices.
With a slow juicer, you will be able to juice many more things than a centrifugal juicer. Wheatgrass can be easily juiced with a slow juicer, whereas not so much in a “fast” juicer. Other items include kale, spinach and other dark, leafy greens. The centrifugal juicers chop these items into little bits, barely extracting any juices at all. But since slow juicers use a pressing function to extract juice, the yield is much higher for these foods.
Any juicer will require some clean up, so that really shouldn’t be a factor, however, cleaning up a slow juicer is a little safer. There is no sharp, serrated blade to worry about, therefore cleaning a slow juicer can be done by anyone. No need to worry about cutting yourself. In general, slow juicers are easier and faster to clean up with less parts.
If you are looking for a multi-functional juicer, then a slow juicer is a great option. They usually include different attachments which allow you to make nut butters, baby foods, or even tasty sorbet. With a centrifuge system, these options are not possible.
Understand that a slow juicer is not a blender or food processor
Slow juicing machines are designed to extract the pure nutrients out of fruit so that when you drink said juice, you are getting as close to consuming the nutrients themselves without actually coming in complete contact with the nutrients. A juicer is not meant to do what a blender does, which is simply blend up whatever fruit is put in it to make a puree of sorts out of it.
People often get these two mixed up. They get a juicer when they meant to get a blender. They get a blender when they meant to get a juicer.
You need to understand these differences and understand exactly what the purpose of a slow juicer is when compared to a blender or food processor.
If you want a contraption that makes puree out of certain fruits, you want a blender. If you want something that will create fruit juice and nothing but fruit juice, you’ll want a slow juicer machine.
There is a time difference between a slow juicer and a centrifugal juicer.
Another thing you need to understand is that slow juicers are designed to take their time and extract every last nutrient from the fruits and vegetables that are placed in them. Slow juicers also yield more juice, but it takes a little longer than a centrifugal juicer to accomplish this. While this does make slow juicers more effective in their final product, this effectiveness comes at the price of time. If you value your time and want to make juice very quickly, you will probably want a centrifugal juicer over a slow juicer.
Understanding this fundamental difference between the two juicers will ensure that you get the right one and will save you a lot of frustration.
Will you be juicing fruits or vegetables?
Different slow juicers are better at juicing different things.
Some are better at making juice from vegetables and some are better at making juice from fruit, but most slow juicer machines are able to make juice from both.
This leads to a question: Why even bother looking for a slow juicer that specializes in either when most can make juice out of both? If you are still not sure, take a look at our list of recommended electric juicers for canning tomato juice.
You need to understand that fruits and vegetables contain different kinds of nutrients, and certain slow juicers can extract these nutrients more effectively than others.
If you are not aware of these differences, you might not be getting the most out of your slow juicer relative to the kind of produce you want to make juice from.
Are you willing to clean up regularly?
Slow juicers utilize a complicated process that is very messy to make juice.
Because of this, and because of what rotten fruit and vegetables can attract, you’ll need to be able to take the time to clean the machine after nearly every use.
Slow juicers do not self-clean, and you’ll need to be aware of this when you are using your slow juicing machine.
If you are not willing to take a few minutes to clean your slow juicing machine after using it, then you will need to either make some time or refrain from buying one altogether.
Now there are some slow juicer machines that are easier to clean than others, and if you do not have the time to clean after using your slow juicer machine, you should seek those out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is slow juicing the same as cold pressed juicing?
- A: Both of these processes share the same goal: Turn solid fruits and vegetables into juice. However, the difference between slow juicing and cold pressed juicing has a lot to do with how the nutrients are retained. The nutrients of fruits and vegetables are retained a lot more in slow juicing when compared to cold pressed juicing.
Q: How does a slow juicer work?
- A: Slow juicers go through the following process. First, the fruit or vegetable that is put inside of the auger is cut and broken up. This gets it ready for extraction. Then, it is squeezed and milled so that the unnecessary juices are disposed of. Finally, the fruit or vegetable is ground up with the nutrients extracted. Many small components and parts of the juicer and the auger in the juicer are responsible for this.
Q: Is slow juicing healthy?
- A: Slow juicing has a lot of benefits. Fruit and vegetable consumption is healthful enough on its own. These benefits are enhanced by leaps and bounds when they are in juice form. Pure fruit and vegetable juice also contains their nutrients in pure form. These are nutrients that will optimize almost any aspect of your physical health and is highly recommended.
Q: Why is a slow juicer better than centrifugal juicers?
- A: Centrifugal juicers are effective in their own right in that they create juice from fruits and vegetables much faster than slow juicers. However, these kinds of juicers sacrifice the retention of nutrients as well as the overall volume of the juice in those efforts. Slow juicers retain nearly all of a fruit or vegetable’s nutrients as well as the volume of the juice. You’ll get a lot more juice with a lot more nutrients when using a slow juicer.
Other Recommended Posts:
- 8 Best Hand Press Juicers – The Ultimate Guide [Updated]
- 8 Best Stainless Steel Juicers With Reviews [Updated]
- Best Commercial Juicer for Leafy Greens – Top 10 Picks [Updated]
- Best Portable Smoothie Blenders – Top 10 Recommendations [Updated]
Isabelle Johnson is a fitness expert and yoga trainer with over 12 years of experience as a dietician. Her knowledge of nutritional facts has made her take to the web with her blog, Sprout and Press.
Isabelle lets her audience understand products used in the kitchen, which can improve your diet, add more convenient ways to juice, create smoothies, and do so much more. Her blog informs readers about the newest kitchenware and the benefits each ingredient brings to the table. In 2016, sproutandpress.com was founded to share her knowledge with the world and inspire a better, healthier tomorrow.