Being a fitness enthusiast myself, I am sometimes awed by the spate of options available in the market for health freaks. Be it going for yoga sessions or to the Gym, everyone has just one aim – to acquire a healthy physique. However, exercise, if not complemented with the right intake of nutrients, will not give you the desired results. Towards that end, I have always been on a lookout for options that are easy to make, nutritious, and available to me even on the move.
In fact, studies suggest that a low intake of fruits and vegetables is responsible for death due to cardiovascular diseases. Hence, my conclusion is that a fruit smoothie is one such option that can not only give that extra flush of nutrients after a workout in a very natural and scrumptious way but also increase your fruit intake. And what better than a portable smoothie blender to ensure that you don’t miss out on your wholesome drink even on the go. So, I have compiled a list of the best portable smoothie blenders to make life easy for you. But before that, if you wish to know how you can make healthy smoothies, you can look at what experts have to say here.
- 1 How is a portable blender different from Other Blenders?
- 2 Benefits of Using a Portable Blender for Smoothies
- 3 Top Picks – Best Portable Smoothie Blenders
- 4 10 Best Portable Smoothie Blenders – Our Reviews
- 4.1 REDMOND Smoothie Blender, 4000mAh Portable
- 4.2 PopBabies Personal Blender
- 4.3 Yeaky Portable Blender
- 4.4 Olivivi Portable Blender, Multifunctional Personal Blender
- 4.5 Hamilton Beach Personal Blender
- 4.6 Supkitdin Portable Blender
- 4.7 KAMSPARK Portable Blender
- 4.8 Tenswall Portable, Personal Size Blender
- 4.9 Hotsch Portable Blender
- 5 My choice criteria
- 6 Tips To Use A Portable Smoothie Blender
- 7 FAQs on Portable Smoothie Blenders
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Recommended Posts:
How is a portable blender different from Other Blenders?
Compared to other blenders, the portable mixer is compact and convenient to use. The average capacity of these blenders is around 300ml though some do have up to 500ml as well, unlike the usual more sophisticated kitchen blenders which have a higher capacity. Besides the usual, you can carry them along and have a drink ready right after a workout. To add to the portability element of these compact blenders, the manufacturers also try adding features like battery operation so that you can enjoy your health drink even in the wilderness of a jungle. Being lightweight is an important feature of portable smoothie blenders which makes it really portable!
Benefits of Using a Portable Blender for Smoothies
- Safety – A lot of the portable blenders stop working when you detach the cup. This keeps it safe and easy to use.
- Smoothie on the Go – You can operate the device anywhere ay anytime.
- Refreshment at the Right time – The Portable Smoothie Blender gives you the drink you need immediately. This way, you can yield maximum nutrition from your juice.
- Cost-Effective – These devices offer you mobility and are much more economical than a regular blender. This is an advantage because they can be used at home as well.
Top Picks – Best Portable Smoothie Blenders
#1. REDMOND Smoothie Blender, 4000mAh Portable – Whether you are hitting a gym or finishing a session of yoga, the REDMOND Smoothie Blender, 4000mAh Portable works perfectly for both – protein shakes and fresh fruit juice.
#2. PopBabies Personal Blender – PopBabies personal blender is your ‘blend and drink’ on the go! The compact design makes it easy to carry and is great for taking to the office, gym, or for travelling.
#3. Yeaky Portable Blender – The Yeaky Portable Blender is a USB rechargeable and travel mixer, great for instant food, shakes, drinks and so much more.
#4. Olivivi Portable Blender, Multifunctional Personal Blender – The FDA approved Olivivi Portable Blender is your choice for a healthy shake anywhere at any time.
#5. Hamilton Beach Personal Blender – Hamilton Beach is one of the most trusted brands for home appliances, and their portable blender is nothing short of amazing.
#6. Supkitdin Portable Blender – The Supkitdin Blender has six stainless steel blades and offers a powerful copper motor to turn your fruits or vegetable into a smoothie in under one minute.
#7. KAMSPARK Portable Blender – The Kamspark Juice Cup is a high-grade borosilicate bottle with a handle. It is BAP-free and blends baby food, protein, and fruits for any activity.
#8. TENSWALL Portable Blender – Tenswall’s high-tech design is one of the safest blenders available in the market. The blades stop when the cap and body separate.
#9. Tenswall Portable, Personal Size Blender – The Supersmart safety system in the Tenswall portable blender is incredible. The device stops working if the body and cup are separated.
#10. Hotsch Portable Blender – Hotch brings you a portable blender that extracts juice with its six blades and is known for its long life.
10 Best Portable Smoothie Blenders – Our Reviews
REDMOND Smoothie Blender, 4000mAh Portable
Whether you are hitting a gym or finishing a session of yoga, the REDMOND Smoothie Blender, 4000mAh Portable works perfectly for both – protein shakes and fresh fruit juice. This battery power is good enough to prepare 15-18 cups of your power drink. The blender is charged via USB and has a stainless steel blade for the perfect blend.
What I liked best about this is its built-in safety feature, The product is very safe and does not operate if not assembled correctly. So, it won’t let you run it for more than 20 seconds so as to avoid overheating the motor. Not only this, it won’t start working until the base and bottle is firmly attached so that you are safe from any accident.
Most users have appreciated its powerful blending capacity and its easy portability. The glass bottle feature is a sure winner for many users because it makes it easy to clean and is non-toxic. The accessories are also a huge puller for this gadget. Users are overwhelmed by its long stick with a sponge at the end accessory which is a real help in cleaning and not to mention its small ice-cube tray.
The flip side is its noise. However, can’t blame it completely because most blenders are noisy. Some users have felt that one needs to run it a little longer to get a completely smooth consistency and also sometimes the blades get jammed when particles get stuck at the bottom. But these are not very big roadblocks. For instance, the blades can be unjammed by turning the bottle upside down and for smoother blending, you could cut the fruits/vegetables real small.
- Comes with a USB cable, User manual, Cup Cover, bottle cleaner, and Ice Tray
- Takes 3-5 hour to charge @ 4000mAh
- 6 stainless-steel blades and 2000rpm motor
- Gives a perfect blend in just 15 seconds
- Borosil glass bottle is a plus because it is both safe for hot drinks and non-toxic
- 12-month warranty
- Easy to clean and carry
- 480 ml cup capacity
- 250W motor
- Little noisy
Precautions: Do not use the blender when it is charging or if the mixer is empty.
My verdict: This is by far the best in class. Mid-range price with good capacity, this one is definitely for you!
PopBabies Personal Blender
This blender from PopBabies is positioned as a “favorite gear” by this company with 30 years manufacturing legacy. With a capacity of about 480 ml, it comes with a battery strength of 4000mAh and a motor power of 175W.
A unique feature that caught my attention is its ability to blend even as it charges. It is easy to use and very light and petite for a trouble-free gym bag packing. The manufacturers have provided built-in blades to prevent any finger injuries from open blades.
There a few things they could have done better. For one, it has been provided with a 4 leaf blade. So my guess is it would require more blending time to get a smooth consistency. However, users don’t seem to be complaining much on this account. The second feature is its cup. Though it is made of food-grade non-toxic BPA-free material, I’d rather go with a Borosil one. But again, some users find this more convenient and it is comparatively break-proof.
- Comes with charging cord, user manual, smoothie, juice recipe booklet, pouring spout, and ice tray
- Takes 3-5 hour to charge @ 4000mAh
- 2200 rpm motor
- Blend while you charge
- BPA-free cup
- Built-in blades
- Around 480ml cup capacity
- 175 W motor
- 4 leaf blade
Precaution: Do not add fruits over 1.5 inches in size into the blender. This avoids clogging.
My Verdict: A great product with good capacity from a well-known brand. Though a bit pricy, its definitely worth it.
Yeaky Portable Blender
This pot blender is a USB rechargeable travel mixer, great for instant food, shakes, drinks, and so much more. The one-touch operation makes it easy to use. With six stainless steel blades, it makes juicing vegetables and fruits effortless. When you think about using a bender for your post-workout drink, try this environmentally friendly design.
My favorite feature the detachable bottle is made of thickened borosilicate glass which is completely non-toxic and hard to break. Users have given a thumbs up to its ease of cleaning and power. Well, not surprising! With its 25000 rpm motor, you can expect it to do the job quickly. With 6 leaf blades and 480 ml capacity of the bottle, this is a good buy. An orange peeler in the accessories is an added attraction.
- Comes with USB charging cable, cup cover, user manual, and orange peeler
- 4000 mAh battery
- Six blades for effortless blending
- 25000 rpm motor
- Borosilicate thick glass bottle
- Detachable jar
- Not very detailed instruction booklet
Precautions: Use 1.5 An-2 An charger to charge this blender to prevent the battery damage.
My verdict: This gadget well justifies its price for all the features that come with it.
Olivivi Portable Blender, Multifunctional Personal Blender
The FDA approved Olivivi Portable Blender is your choice for a healthy shake anywhere at any time. The Device has a USB charger and can fill 15 cups on a full charge. The unique sawtooth blade design lets you blend the ingredients to perfection. With a motor of 300W power, this one certainly has the muscle to do your job well.
I was excited about its electromagnetic safety lock design which is its unique feature. But for some elderly users, it turned out to be quite a woe because they were not able to align the magnet to the switch because of age-related hand instability. This is something to think about before buying. Nevertheless, we have to accept the fact that every coin has two sides.
Another safety feature that captivated my attention is its one-button double click start. This is actually quite useful, given the fact that it is generally packed in a small bag for office or gym and there are chances that the power button is pressed by mistake leading to accidental startup.
- Comes with USB charging cable, strainer, cleaning brush, and user manual
- Charges entirely in 2-3 hours with 4000mAh battery
- Around 400ml capacity
- 6 leaf stainless-steel blades
- 2200rpm rotation speed
- Fills 15-20 cups in one charge
- Double touch safety feature
- Electromagnetic safety design
- Sawtooth blade design
- Cup cannot be removed from the base and used for drinking
Precautions: Shake the blender while it blends to avoid clogging.
My verdict: This 300 W power machine has all the right features to give you the best. Certainly a good buy at this price in my opinion.
Hamilton Beach Personal Blender
Hamilton Beach is one of the most trusted brands for home appliances, and their portable blender is nothing short of amazing. The BAP free, compact design is excellent for use at home or even in the office. You get around 400ml jar with a lid, which is dishwasher-safe. The stainless steel blades can blend ice into your drink smoothly.
I linked the little space they have provided to roll the cord around the blender where it fits in perfectly for neat storage. Users have liked the fact that it is less noisy than the bigger blenders and gives you a perfect smoothie. However, some have reported inconsistent blending because of the lack of a vortex-like feature which automatically pulls the ingredients on top for blending. My view is that this could be due to the lesser number of blades present. A quick solution to this would be to shake the blender while it is blending so that the ingredients at the top can go down for mixing.
- 175 W power motor
- Around 400 ml in one blend
- Easy to clean with dishwasher safe parts
- One-touch operation
- BPA free cup
- Detachable jar with lid
- Measuring lines on the jar
- Plastic jar
- 4 leaf blade
- No accessories provided
- Not rechargeable
Precautions: Do not submerge the device in water. Wipe the blender with a damp cloth to clean.
My verdict: A good product from an established brand. Its a bit pricy, but that’s what you pay for the trust the name carries!
Supkitdin Portable Blender
The Supkitdin Blender has six stainless steel blades and offers a powerful copper motor to turn your fruits or vegetable into a smoothie in under one minute. The product is made with PCTG eco-friendly material and has a non-slip shock absorption body. Using the USB charger, you can charge the device entirely in 3-5 hours. Once charged, you can juice up to 15 cups of juice.
I found mostly positive user reviews. A portable blender at this price is certainly a good option. I would rather ignore some of the complaints regarding capacity because again what more can you expect at this price.
- Comes with USB cable, two straws, a cleaning brush, and manual
- Can juice 15 -20 glasses in one full charge
- 175 W motor
- 22000 rpm speed
- 2000 mAh rechargeable battery
- 6 blades
- BPA-free material
- Small cup size
- non-detachable cup
Precautions: Do not add frozen fruits into the blender. Add milk or water into the blender to avoid damage to the blades. Take a look at our recommended blender for chopping frozen fruits.
My verdict: Good product at an affordable price. Though a little small, yet it is good for 1 cup of power drink.
KAMSPARK Portable Blender
The Kamspark Juice Cup is a high-grade borosilicate bottle with a handle. It is BAP-free and blends baby food, protein, and fruits for any activity. The six stainless steel blades and strong motor lets you crush ice and ingredients easily. The 4000 mAh battery is recharged by USB and can be charged through a laptop or power bank. It is easy to clean – just add soap and water into the blender and run it until clean. The device comes with a user manual and a takeout lid.
Some users had a problem with blending frozen fruits. However, it looks like you need to fill sufficient liquid in it to help in blending. Some buyers also reported the jamming of the motor when any firm produce is added. The trick here is to first hold the blender upside down for the blades to start their motion and then you can slowly bring it to the upright position. This way the firm products will not jam the blades.
I especially liked its detachable bottle with a firm seal that can be safely stored even in a horizontal position in your bag without worrying about any leakage.
- Comes with USB charging cable, user manual, and extra bottom lid
- 25000 rpm rotation speed
- 4000mAh rechargeable battery
- Six stainless steel blades for easy blending
- Borosilicate glass bottle which is completely detachable
- Inconvenient charge port placement at the bottom which hinders the standing position of the device while charging
- Flimsy charge port seal
- 100W motor is a bit low in strength
Precautions: Hold the switch for two seconds to start the machine. This is part of KAMSPARK’s safety feature.
My verdict: A very budget-friendly product with happy users to boast of. My thumbs up for the features you get at the price.
TENSWALL Portable Blender
Tenswall’s high-tech design is one of the safest blenders available in the market. The blending process starts with the push of a button, and to clean the device, just add soap and water to blend. So you don’t have to worry about cleaning. The body comes with a high-quality ABS shell and is made of eco-friendly PCTG material.
The Tenswall Portable blender is a great product to take to the gym, office, etc.because of its compact design, and lightweight. Users are not very happy with its capacity of 380 ml. Now come on! This is meant to be easy to carry and not a ninja blender.
I wasn’t much impressed by the accessories that come with it – hardly any! But its safety features and charge port cover are a great thumbs up!
- comes with a USB cable, instruction manual, and clean cotton
- 4000mAh battery
- 120W power motor
- Up to 22000rpm rotation speed
- 3-5 hrs charging gives around 15 cups
- 6 leaf blades
- PCTG food-grade material bottle
- charge port has a silicon cover
- Safety feature stops the blades if the cup and body are disconnected
- 380Ml Capacity is on the lower side
- Non-detachable base
- No warning for low battery
Precautions: The devices won’t operate when the parts are not connected correctly.
My verdict: A very convenient appliance that gives you perfect results every time. Go for this if you are looking for a compact easy to carry machine.
Tenswall Portable, Personal Size Blender
The Supersmart safety system in the Tenswall portable blender is incredible. With a 380ML capacity, the mini-blender has six blades making it more powerful than the ones with four blades. Hence, the device leaves no trace of fruit and blends amazing smoothies all day. The product is non-toxic and eco-friendly with ABS material in use. Use the USB to charge the battery. With a three hour charge, it can blend up to 12 glasses.
Its unique quality – the device stops working if the body and cup are separated! Most users are impressed with its compact shape which makes it easy to carry. One sticky point is its small capacity. Well, its meant to be a personal portable blender! Would go for a ninja blender if capacity is the issue.
- Comes with USB cable, brush for cleaning, strainer, and user manual
- The battery capacity of up to 2000 mAH
- Can make 13-15 cups in a single charge
- Motor rotation speed of up to 22000 rpm
- Eco-friendly design
- Six blades to blend
- Food Grade ABS Material body
- Not dishwasher-safe
- Cup not detachable
- Cup capacity of 380 ml is low
Precautions: To clean the device, just add soap and water into the blender and turn it on. Do this right after use to avoid corrosion.
My verdict: Powerful blender which is very easy to carry. It does what it is supposed to do and that too pretty well!
Hotsch Portable Blender
Hotsch brings you a portable blender that extracts juice with its six blades and is known for its long life. The durable device makes fruits or vegetable smoothies effortlessly in under a minute. You can charge the device using a power bank or by connecting the USB cable to your laptop. The blender has a non-slip bottom and is BPA free. The device is fully charged in 3-5 hours and produces up to 15 – 20 cups on a single charge.
Overall I didn’t find many complaining customers. Only a few who were not appreciative of its blending capacity despite have six blades. My take on this is that its motor is not that powerful. However, despite that, it does a pretty good job at it. So, maybe try smaller ice cubes or fruit pieces for a better blend.
- Comes with a cleaning brush, USB cable, and User manual.
- 4000 mAh battery
- 24000 rpm motor speed
- 400ml cup capacity
- Six blades for perfect blending
- USB chargeable
- Non-slip silicone bottom
- 150 W power motor not very powerful
Precautions: Do not add hot liquids over 50 degrees as it might damage the blender and lead to leakage.
My verdict: Well priced product without much frills. Does its job well!!
My choice criteria
1) The Blades – Blades form the most important feature of any blender because they do the key work of pulverizing hard ingredients. They vary in number from 2-6. Obviously, the more the number the higher the rating. However, almost all of the models in my list have stainless-steel blades though they might vary in quality and durability and hence the rating respectively. I am a big fan of stainless-steel gadgets. To know why? – check out my review of rice cookers with stainless-steel inner pot.
2) Size – Unlike kitchen blenders, portable blenders are specifically built to serve one or max two people at a time. Their holding capacity can vary between 300ml to 500ml. What I have focused on is a balance between the holding capacity and compactness. My preference goes to the one which can easily be fitted into a yoga or gym bag and can serve you sufficient nutrients as well.
You also need to keep in mind that if you are using ice cubes (which you would definitely prefer), then you need to make sure that there is sufficient space in the jar to accommodate the water released from the ice. And if your jar capacity is less, then you may not be able to fit in enough fruits and vegetables for a nutrient-packed drink. However, if you are looking at an acai bowl, the portable blender may not be the best choice because of its sheer size. For that, take a look at our detailed article about the best blenders for acai bowls.
3) Motor power – This feature carries immense weight in my grading criteria. For getting a smooth consistency of your health drink you need a blender with a strong motor, apart from the sharp blades. Top range kitchen blenders have powers as high as 700 watts and above. Unfortunately, your portable blender can’t afford such high power motor because it needs to be light and compact. Such blenders have low power motors, even as low as 125 watts. However, this power is good enough to make a milkshake with a blender. Have a look at an easy milkshake recipe here.
4) Power Source – An interesting prerequisite of some portable blenders which wins my admiration is the complete doing away of the need for a power source by the manufacturers. They are battery operated. This is absolutely brilliant! Now you can go and chill out in the wilderness of the mountains or camp in a jungle completely disconnected from the world, but you can still enjoy your power-packed smoothie. The only catch here is, you need to carry the battery.
But wait! We have some more options waiting for us – the rechargeable batteries. These batteries need to be charged once and then they are ready to blend 18-20 cups in one charge. You don’t have to worry about carrying extra batteries for replacement.
And then there are some blenders which you can charge through the USB port of your laptop. How convenient! You don’t need to get up from your work station for that high protein power-charge!
The unit for measuring the storage capacity of a battery is mAh. A 1200 mAh capacity battery would mean that it would deliver 1200mA of current for an hour. But let’s not get boggled by the technicalities. Basically, the higher the capacity of your battery, the longer it will run and hence, earn a higher ranking in my review.
5) Blender material – Portable smoothie blenders use both glass and plastic materials. However, for plastic material, I have given full marks for BPA-free plastic. Whether your blender has a glass jar or a plastic one, it can be easily cleaned in a dishwasher and what better than a hard food disposer dishwasher. For more details check our list of some amazing dishwashers for your kitchen.
Tips To Use A Portable Smoothie Blender
- Wash the blender by inserting soap and water into the cup and blending.
- Try not to overheat the battery by charging the device for longer than required.
- Always add liquids like milk or water when grinding ice or hard foods.
- Do not put hot liquid in your blender.
FAQs on Portable Smoothie Blenders
1) Can I use the Blender While charging?
A) Not all devices can be run while being charged. The PopBabies Personal Blender Can be run while charging. Check the product in our recommendations above.
2) Can I Blend Ice in the Portable Blender?
A) Some of the portable blenders get damaged if you only add ice. Add water or milk to the blend to avoid damage. The Hamilton Beach Personal Blender is one of the best blenders for ice.
3) What do I do if my blender gets damaged?
A) Check the description of the product you order. Look or a product that has a warranty or part replacement.
The bottom line is that portable blenders have a special place in today’s hectic lifestyle as they can give you healthy options in on the go. There are umpteen options available in the portable blender segment and the list I have provided may not be the ultimate one. However, my exhaustive research has certainly ensured that my list contains a product for every type of budget and need. Hence, I can confidently say that REDMOND Smoothie Blender, 4000mAh Portable is by far the best. Its spacious cup size which is made of borosil glass gives it a unique edge over others.
- The Ninja Blender Review
- The Best Slow Juicer Reviews of 2020
- 10 Best Blenders for Mixed Drinks – Buying Guide and Reviews
A graduate in Computer Science with post-graduation in Finance, Manisha Dhiman Kant is a stay at home mom. Having worked with multinational companies for around 10 years, she chose to work from home to balance her family commitment and work life. Since then she has written content on various areas of management, life, and technology. An avid online shopper, Manisha enjoys writing frank reviews for the benefit of other shoppers especially in kitchen gadgets and appliances category because that, she feels, is her forte (an entitlement most moms have because of having spent substantial time in the kitchen).