There are a few tools every serious home cook cannot do without and which will take anyone’s cooking to the next level. I’m sure you’re familiar with many of these—the stand mixer, the well-seasoned cast iron, the instant-read thermometer— and of course, a good blender!
My father was a carpenter, and he always said having the right tool for the job is half the battle. Well, cooking is no different. Equipping your kitchen with the right blender means being able to make your own sauces and dips. It means nutrition-packed smoothies for breakfast and summer milkshakes for the kids. Additionally, if you are a fitness addict looking for the perfect blend to your protein shake, take a look at our list of top blenders for protein shakes. Now how do you know you’ve got the right tool? Let’s talk about it.
We won’t waste time debating which brand to choose because we already know: Ninja makes the best blenders for the money. We’re here to guide you through the many options Ninja offers, so you can settle on the perfect blender for your kitchen
- 1 5 Things to Consider Before Buying a Ninja Blender
- 2 Reviews of 10 Best Ninja Blenders for Smoothies
- 2.1 1. The Nutri Bullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender System
- 2.2 2. The Ninja Mega Kitchen System
- 2.3 3. Ninja Professional Blender with Nutri Ninja Cups
- 2.4 4. Nutri Ninja 2-in-1 Kitchen Blender
- 2.5 5. NutriBullet Pro – 13-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System with Hardcover Recipe Book
- 2.6 6. Aicok Blender, Smoothie Blender, Professional Blender
- 2.7 7. The Nutri Ninja Pro Blender
- 2.8 8. Ninja Supra Kitchen System 1200 Watts
- 2.9 9. Aicok Professional Smoothie Blender 30,000RPM, with 70oz BPA-Free Tritan Pitcher
- 2.10 10. Nutri Ninja Blender Auto-IQ Complete Extraction System 1000W Professional BL486
5 Things to Consider Before Buying a Ninja Blender
Type of Blender
A countertop blender features a sturdy stand that allows you to choose speed, time, and other settings, On top is the pitcher—a large with a handle. The base of the pitcher will set on top of the blade, which will blend the contents. These blenders are powerful and are perfect for crushing ice, making smoothies, or even DIY hummus. If you are looking for blenders that make margaritas, look for ones that have a large ice reservoir on the top.
Handheld blenders—also called immersion or stick blenders— include a long shaft with a pivoting blade. They’re better for smaller jobs like whipping egg whites, making batter, or putting together a sauce.
This one is pretty simple—the more powerful your blender, the more ambitious you can be. A blender with high wattage will be able to liquefy a whole piece of frozen fruit or crush ice more easily than one with low wattage. Weaker blenders need some help and will require more water to move pieces of fruit around.
Whether or not you’re happy with your blender depends on your needs! Hardcore home cooks who pride themselves on making everything from scratch will need a very versatile blender that can make sauces, humus, frozen margaritas, and everything in between. More casual home cooks will be happy with the quick, easy use of less versatile, more specialized blenders like a small immersion blender.
Do you plan to make smoothies in the morning for just yourself, or do you want one for your partner and each of your children? Are you making frozen drinks for your friends, or simply beating a couple of eggs for a baking project? These are the kinds of questions that will help you to determine the right capacity for your blender.
Some countertop blenders are huge, and some are only small enough to make single servings! Maybe you don’t have space for a big one, or maybe you want a blender that you can take with you—whichever you need, capacity as a variable worth thinking over.
This is the era of the smart home! You can keep it simple and save money by going with an old-school, analogue blender featuring nothing but a couple of buttons or knobs, but we like to get a little fancier. Many modern blenders offer timers, settings for specific recipes, different patterns of pulsing and power, remote access, and more. Give some thought to just how sophisticate you want your home to be when deciding what level of tech to invest in with your blender.
Reviews of 10 Best Ninja Blenders for Smoothies
- 3-IN-1 VERSATILITY: Blender, ice crusher and food processor combined that utilizes 1200 watts of performance power to truly customize your drink-making...
- POWERFUL CRUSHING: High-performance Pro Extractor Blades Assembly powers through frozen ingredients and ice with ease.
- FOOD PROCESSING: Includes a 5-cup Precision Processor Bowl, Chopping and Dough Blade Assembly for added versatility and functionality.
- ON-THE-GO CONVENIENCE: Blend directly in the 18 oz. Single-Serve Cup and attach Spout Lid to take your creations on the go.
- INTELLIGENT BLENDING PROGRAMS: 3 Auto-iQ Programs: Smoothie, Frozen, Dough/Mix. Auto-iQ Technology features timed, intelligent blending programs that do the...
- Ninja professional blender with Nutri Ninja Cups has 1100 watts of professional performance power with 3 speeds, pulse, and single serve functions
- 72 ounce total crushing pitcher pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies
- 2 16 ounce Nutri Ninja cups with to go lids are perfect for creating personalized, nutrient rich drinks to take on the go
- XL. capacity to create creamy, frozen drinks and smoothies for the whole family
- Dishwasher safe and BPA free parts single serve blade assembly
- Auto IQ technology optimizes ninja: Pro extractor blades and power to deliver powerful nutrient and vitamin extraction
- Powerful nutrient and vitamin extraction provides great tasting, nutritious beverages
- 1000 watt motor has the power to crush through whole fruits, vegetables and ice in seconds
- Nutri Ninja pro extractor blades rotate at high speed to liquefy ingredients into smooth nutrient juices, smoothies and purees. Use a damp cloth to wipe the...
- Includes: (1) small 18 ounce Nutri Ninja cup, (1) regular 24 ounce Nutri Ninja cup, (2) sip & seal lids, (1) pro extractor blades, instruction book, getting...
- 72 ounce total crushing pitcher pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies; 2 horsepower
- Eight cup food processor bowl provides perfect, even chopping and makes up to 2 pounds of dough in 30 seconds
- 2 16 ounce Nutri Ninja cups with to go lids are perfect for creating personalized, nutrient rich drinks to take on the go
- Dishwasher safe and BPA free parts. Hand Washing: Wash the containers, lids, and blade assemblies, in warm, soapy water. When washing the blade assemblies and...
- Includes: 1500-Watt Motor Base, 72-Oz. Total Crushing Pitcher, 8 Cup Food Processor Bowl, Dough Blade, (2) 16-Oz. Nutri Ninja Cups with To-Go-Lids
- The 1200-peak watt smoothie bowl maker that blends and powers through for spoon-thick smoothie bowls.
- SmartTORQUE is designed to power through heavy loads without stalling or the need to stir or shake.
- 14-oz. Smoothie Bowl Maker with built-in tamper blends and powers through frozen foods with less liquid for perfectly thick smoothie bowls, nut butters, and...
- 24-oz. Nutrient Extraction Cup with better breakdown for smoother extractions, smoothies, and frozen drinks (vs. BL480).
- 4 preset Auto-iQ programs for one-touch smoothies, extractions, bowls, and spreads.
1. The Nutri Bullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender System
The Nutri Bullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender System is a big step down in complexity and power from the Mega Kitchen System, and just a hair less powerful than Nutri Ninja Pro. With a 600-watt base and only one speed setting, this guy is still powerful enough to pulverize fruits, veggies, and proteins, but you’ll want to treat it a little more gently.
One of the biggest appeals of this blender is the ergonomic design—that is to say, it won’t take up a lot of counter space like some of its bulkier competitors. The capacity on this one is smaller—ideal for one or two people, but not much more. It comes with the base, 1 tall cup, 2 shorter cups, a single flat blade, 2 emulsifying blades, 2 sealing lids, and a little pocket book with the manual and a few recipes in it.
It may technically only have 600 watts of power, but you would probably guess it had a lot more by how quickly it takes care of whole fruits and even handles almonds well. Reviewers have been thrilled with the reliability, but you’ll be disappointed if you expect to whip up drinks for a whole room of people or throw cookie dough in this little guy.
2. The Ninja Mega Kitchen System
The Ninja Mega Kitchen System is the heavy-duty, sturdy, do-it-all set of blender tools! It includes not only a blender, but smaller Ninja Cups as well as a food processor attachment. The base of this system offers a whopping 1500-watt power rating, meaning it can handle nearly anything. Imagine ice turned to snow and totally pulverized fruit in a few seconds.
The Mega Kitchen System is a tool fit for professionals. There isn’t much you can’t do with the XL 72oz. pitcher, XL 8-cup Processing bowl, and the portable Nutri Ninja Cups. To top it all off, the blender features a 2+ HP motor that can tackle nearly any job in just moments.The processing bowl can even handle thick, tough work, like mixing 2 pounds of cookie dough in 30 seconds. You’ll save a lot of time and elbow grease with this one. It’s also worth noting that there’s more to the even, fine chopping than a silky texture. Good blending means better nutrient extraction—your food won’t only taste better; your body will thank you too.
Now there is a bit of a learning curve to this one, and you’ll want to read all the directions. We’ll be the first to admit it is not exactly quiet either, which has been a real pet peeve for some users. Finally, though it can do everything you’d like and more, the Mega Kitchen System isn’t built of the world’s sturdiest material. All the same, the one-year warranty should cover any real problems.
3. Ninja Professional Blender with Nutri Ninja Cups
The Ninja Professional Blender with Nutri Ninja Cups is probably like the blender setup you grew up with, but with a little more sophistication and a design that caters for the busy, on-the-go customer. The Professional Blender features an impressive 1100 watts of power, but you’ll appreciate that this blender allows you to choose from three speeds as well as a pulse setting and single-serve settings for those busy mornings.
The capacity on the Total Crushing Pitcher offers plenty of room—72oz to be exact—and the two Nutri Ninja cups, which have sealing travel lids, hold 16oz—much better for one or two people on the go. The single serve feature is one of our favorites because it creates so little mess! With typical blenders or bullet blenders, a single serving is possible, but you’re left with more dishes than you really want to do. This Ninja Professional Blender does away with that.
We’ve noticed that longevity of certain parts seems to be the weakness of this blender, so if you aren’t willing to replace the occasional piece after a year or two, this might not be for you. Some users have found that the rubber gasket becomes misshapen after a few dozen turns in the dishwasher, and the plastic pitcher doesn’t always withstand years of heavy use. You could lengthen the lifetime by handwashing those components, but that’s up to you! Truly, unless you plan to stretch for the Vitamix or Blendtec, it doesn’t get much better than this.
4. Nutri Ninja 2-in-1 Kitchen Blender
Looking for a food processor and blender that doesn’t hog all your counter space? Good news: We’ve got it. The Nutri Ninja 2-in-1 Kitchen Blender is like the diet version of the Ninja Mega Kitchen System. These blender does two things very well: It pulverizes fresh food and ice in a 56 oz. blender pitcher, and it processes food in a 40 oz., all-in-one processor bowl.
The crushing and processing power on this one is lower than that of the Mega System—it offers a 700-wat “power pod.” But here’s the trade-off: The power pod is much smaller and more efficient than the bulky stand of the more powerful Mega Kitchen System. Ninja has thought of everything and designed an option for kitchens of all sizes and shapes without sacrificing functionality. Set the power pod on the counter with a nutria cup on top for a quick smoothie on the go, or place the power pod, blade down, on top of the processing bowl for making your own sauces or hummus.
While there is only one speed on this blender, it does have a 30-second pulse option, which does a great job of evenly chopping food. The only downsides would be the lower power and slightly smaller containers, which might bother the more dedicated home chef, but with nothing but 5-star reviews online, there’s not much that can be criticized with this one!
5. NutriBullet Pro – 13-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System with Hardcover Recipe Book
The NutriBullet Pro is a compact, convenient, super powerful little blender that’s perfect for the health nut in your life or for anyone looking for a way to easily and deliciously improve their diet.
With a not-too-modest 900-watt base, the NutriBullet sacrifices very little crushing power while rocking an ergonomic, space-saving design. The stainless steel stand adds a sharp touch for those concerned with the aesthetic of their kitchen appliances, which are often plastic.
What we love about the NutriBullet Pro is that it comes with everything you need to start shifting your lifestyle for the better. The blender ships with “2 colossal cups, 1 emulsifying blade, 2 flip-top lids, 2 handled lip rings, 2 comfort lip rings, pocket nutritionist, hardcover recipe book and user manual.” You won’t even need to leave the kitchen to make your shopping list, and the recipe book will make meal prep easy and fast. Who doesn’t want that?
The NutriBullet Pro is not the right choice for anyone looking to make large meals or big batches of milkshakes and smoothies for a family, but it’s the ideal product for 1-2 people trying to make the most of their kitchen and their diets at a great price.
6. Aicok Blender, Smoothie Blender, Professional Blender
The Aicok Blender marks our first departure from the Ninja brand in this review, and if it snuck into our rankings, you know it must have earned that spot! Precise control is the name of the game with this model. The variable speed control can be adjusted at any time in order to get exactly the texture you want. What’s even better is the array of pre-set options. The Aicok Blender has functions for smoothie, juice, grind and jam, which takes all the guesswork out of your preparation!
The pitcher is an impressive 70 oz., which will never leave you wanting for volume. And the titanium-coated stainless steel blades will stay razor sharp without ever rusting—quality of construction, if you have not noticed by now, is a major feature of this product.
On that note—we’ve all overfilled or overheated a blender before. The folks at Aicok even thought of that. User error is virtually impossible with the overload protection and cooling fan features. This is a product even your kids can safely use. Finally, Aicok offers a 2-year warranty! You read that correctly—not that one-year warranty you’re probably used to, but double the protection.
One of the only downsides of this blender is that the to-go bottles are not as seamlessly integrated as the Ninja Nutricups. The single serving container is nice, but it must be emptied into a separate bottle, which means one more thing to clean. Nonetheless, this blender is a thoughtfully-designed, powerful, sophisticated product.
7. The Nutri Ninja Pro Blender
The Nutri Ninja Pro Blender is a great middle-of-the-road blender. The cup comes in two sizes—18 and 24 oz.— and both of them have sealing lids for sipping your smoothie on the go. This blender is designed for mobility and light cooking projects. It won’t do it all, but it’s perfect for the home cook making modest smoothies and recipes.
At 900 watts, this counter-top blender is more than capable of handling whole fruits and veggies as well as ice, and it even comes with a booklet of 75 recipes, so you’ll have everything you need to be a more sophisticated cook and healthier eater. The BPA free construction means you can feel confident you’ve made a healthy purchase, and the components are dishwasher safe, which is a major plus when it comes to clean-up.
We love the power of this blender, and as long as you clean the rubber seal, you should not have any problems with leakage. Attaching the blade to the motor can be a bit tricky—it has to be inserted just perfectly, and there have been cases where the motor has worn out within a year or two, so you’ll want to treat it well.
8. Ninja Supra Kitchen System 1200 Watts
The Ninja Supra Kitchen System is all about sturdiness and power. The hefty stand can take a beating and will always feel securely fixed on your countertop while grinding up a smoothie or chopping heavier stuff in the processing bowl.
With 1200-watts of power, the Supra Kitchen System is a tank and one of the most powerful appliances in this review. If you never want to play the guessing game of whether or not your blender/processor will be able to handle what you’re about to throw at it, then the Supra is what you’re looking for. Ideal for hardcore home cooks or anyone with lots of counter and cabinet space who doesn’t want to wonder about the the power of their appliances, the Supra is extremely capable.
There isn’t much fanfare with this product—it ships with all that you need and little extra. The Supra comes with 64oz. processing bowl, a 72oz. pitcher, and two 16 oz. Nutricups. Unlike some of its competitors, this isn’t an all-in-one because it doesn’t include a recipe book or much in the way of directions. Rather, the Supra is here to empower you to create incredible food and drinks on your own. Like with some of the other products here, the weaknesses seem to be longevity on the more delicate parts. The switch, for example, and the plastic on the Nutri Cups, seem prone to cracking or breaking, so it might worth handling at least those parts gently.
9. Aicok Professional Smoothie Blender 30,000RPM, with 70oz BPA-Free Tritan Pitcher
Did you read that whole title? If not, let me highlight it again for you. The Aicok Professional Smoother Blender has an incredible 1400 watts of crushing power. What can’t you blend with that? Go crazy with whole fruits and veggies, nuts, cookie dough, and whatever else your heart desires, because there’s very little that this powerhouse can’t handle. You can also blend in acai bowls, but first, take a look at this detailed article detailing the perfect acai bowl blend.
You may have noticed that the weakness of some of our blenders in this review is that the plastic tends to crack. Well Aicok takes pride in the quality of their materials, and they are careful to point out that they use the top quality industrial plastic—In other words, this is a machine built to last.
As with the other Aicok blenders, this one comes with a two-year warranty, an overload protection and cooling fan feature, and completely customizable speeds and pulse settings. It isn’t the most ergonomic or efficient blender on our list, but it is the most powerful and the one with the most impressive manufacturer guarantee.
10. Nutri Ninja Blender Auto-IQ Complete Extraction System 1000W Professional BL486
The Nutri Ninja Blender Auto-IQ Complete Extraction System is a beautiful combination of power, elegance, and simplicity. The One-Touch Intelligence makes using this blender ultimately easy—a single button gets the job done in about thirty seconds, and you’re on your way with a healthy breakfast or snack.
This is a great option for the minimalist. The blender comes with a medium-sized stand, a pitcher, and two Nutri Cups. At the end of day, many of us don’t need any more than that, so why buy more than you need? The main complaints with this blender are noise and thoroughness. It’s only thirty seconds, but if you are trying to avoid waking up your kids or neighbors, this blender might be a bit of a rude interruption. If you’re planning on putting many seeds in the blender, you might be disappointed with how things mix together. We found that raspberry seeds, for examples, don’t get to the bottom of the cup and end up floating in the drink at the end.
If you’ve taken the steps to do research and read this article, you know by now that there’s a perfect blender for every home, lifestyle, and family. Let this review guide you to the blender that will be the right fit your you and your family or as a gift to a loved one.
Everyone loves to be empowered—given the tools to improve their diets and the convenience and sophistication of their home cooking. Nobody’s set of appliances is complete without a good blender, and now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to get shopping.
Isabelle Johnson is a fitness expert and yoga trainer with over 12 years of experience as a dietician. Her knowledge of nutritional facts has made her take to the web with her blog, Sprout and Press.
Isabelle lets her audience understand products used in the kitchen, which can improve your diet, add more convenient ways to juice, create smoothies, and do so much more. Her blog informs readers about the newest kitchenware and the benefits each ingredient brings to the table. In 2016, sproutandpress.com was founded to share her knowledge with the world and inspire a better, healthier tomorrow.