Popularly known as the “green blood” in the scientific community, wheatgrass is rightly considered the elixir of life. For one, they are a storehouse of life-giving nutrients and thus the perfect candidate for juicing. So, to enable you to derive maximum and immediate benefits, I undertook to find the best wheatgrass juicers that can provide you high-quality power-packed juice.
- 1 Why wheatgrass juice?
- 2 Summary list of the Best Wheatgrass Juicers
- 3 Best Wheatgrass juicers – features and reviews
- 3.1 #1. Tribest Jumbo Twin Gears GS-P502 Greenstar Pro
- 3.2 #2. Green Power KPE1304 Twin Gear Juicer Wheatgrass
- 3.3 #3. Tribest SW-2000 Slowstar, Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer
- 3.4 #4. Omega NC900HDC Juicer Extractor
- 3.5 #5. Aicook Cold Press Masticating Juicer
- 3.6 #6. AMZCHEF Professional Cold Press Juicer
- 4 How I chose my list of the best Wheatgrass Juicers
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Why wheatgrass juice?
Wheatgrass juice has gained popularity as an alternative natural healing treatment. Though the wheatgrass plant is native to India it has now found favor around the world. It is said that wheatgrass is the world’s first natural nutritional supplement. Studies have shown that drinking two cups of juice per day can promote good health. So, wouldn’t you want to understand how so?
Nutrient composition of wheatgrass
70% of wheatgrass is composed of chlorophyll, and hence it gets the name – green blood. Additionally, the chemical structures of chlorophyll and hemoglobin are very similar. Many experts believe that this analogy between the two can have significant therapeutic implications.
Most importantly, wheatgrass is a rich source of antioxidants because of the high levels of bioflavonoids present in it. Furthermore, it is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids. Each of these nutrients present in it has a high impact on our health. For more information on its chemical composition, you can refer to this scientific study.
Health impact of wheatgrass juice
Now that we have looked into the chemical composition of wheatgrass, we should look into how these impact our health. However, for a holistic diet also check out our portable blenders to make power-packed smoothies on the go.
1. Thalassemia and Anemia
Firstly, due to the striking similarity between hemoglobin and chlorophyll, it can be a substitute for blood and immensely help in chronic conditions like anemia and thalassemia. For instance, in an experiment, Thalassemic patients took wheatgrass juice on a regular basis. Later, the scientists found that 50% of the patients required blood transfusion up to 25% fewer times. Moreover, they also reported better well-being and less muscular pains associated with this condition
2. Anti-cancer activity
Furthermore, this chemical similarity has wider implications for cancer treatments or prevention. Because of this feature, the wheatgrass juice increases the production of hemoglobin resulting in a high oxygen supply to all cells, including the cancer cells. Since cancer cells are averse to oxygen, this condition results in killing them without the side-effects of chemo. Besides, it also produces a plant hormone called Dormin that has high anticancer properties.
A vegan diet is another great way of preventing cancer. So, don’t forget to check out some fantastic food processors for vegans in our expert listing.
3. Anti-Inflammatory activity
Because it is rich in bioflavonoids, experts believe that wheatgrass has anti-inflammatory implications for the IBD.
4. Liver Detox
Another interesting effect of the wheatgrass compounds is on the detoxification of the liver. Studies have shown that choline found in the juice prevents the deposition of fat in the liver. It also promotes the removal of lipids from the fatty liver.
5. Anti-arthritic activity
Regular consumption of wheatgrass juice showed remarkable improvement in the arthritic conditions of the patients.
6. Action on heart and lungs function
Chlorophyll present in wheatgrass juices results in higher oxygenation of the blood and hence better lung and heart functioning.
And this is not all. For more information on how various nutrients impact your health, do refer to this book from a well-renowned medical expert.
After having looked at so many positive effects of wheatgrass juice, I have collated the following list of the best wheatgrass juicers along with the buying guide.
Summary list of the Best Wheatgrass Juicers
#1. Tribest Jumbo Twin Gears GS-P502 Greenstar Pro – Best wheatgrass juicer for personal and professional use.
#2. Green Power KPE1304 Twin Gear Juicer Wheatgrass – Comparatively faster than other twin gear juicers, Green Power promises quick yet high-quality juicing.
#3. Tribest SW-2000 Slowstar, Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer – Another great product from this brand with the perfect balance of price and quality.
#4. Omega NC900HDC Juicer Extractor – You won’t regret buying this heavy-duty machine from a well-known brand. A perfect value for money.
#5. Aicook Cold Press Masticating Juicer – This one is great for wheatgrass juicing at such a budget-friendly price.
#6. AMZCHEF Professional Cold Press Juicer – Perfect for first-time users! You can experiment with juicing without pinching your pockets with this model.
Best Wheatgrass juicers – features and reviews
- ELECTRIC, COLD-PRESS JUICER: Assures higher nutritional content and freshest-tasting juices by preserving living enzymes, vitamins, and preventing nutrient...
- PRODUCES FRESHER JUICE: Magnetic and bioceramic technology embedded in the Jumbo Twin Gears extracts nutrient-dense juice that can be stored longer. Pocket...
- VERSATILE CAPABILITY: Juice a wider variety of fruits and vegetables, all without stopping and changing any parts
- EASY TO CLEAN: Simple assembly allows easy cleaning. Safety hood cradles the juicing parts
- LIVE THE TRIBEST LIFE: Our motto is "Making healthy living easy," and we ensure this with our latest innovations and quality products like juicers, blenders,...
To begin with, the first juicer on my list of the best wheatgrass juicers is the Greenstar Pro because of its advanced technology for high-quality juicing.
An impressive feature that is a real attention grabber of this specific model is its magnetic and bioceramic technology. It is not only a twin gear juicer but also has a magnet in the twin gears. This, along with the bioceramic material of the twin gear, creates a magnetic field that reorganizes water clusters so as to enable it to grasp as many nutrients as possible and extract them into the juice. The kinetic energy created by the turning gears creates far-infrared which is responsible for keeping the juice fresh for up to 72 hours.
Additionally, the twin gears of this model are all stainless steel as against half plastic ones in the elite model. Hence, they have a far superior output. Another feature that caught my fancy is its versatility. You can juice anything with your Greenstar Pro – greens, grasses, sprouts, herbs, and so on. You can create many awesome recipes besides juicing. Some of them are nut butter, sorbet, and sauces. Besides these, you can use its twin gear as a food processor as well.
Its slow juicing at 110 RPM ensures minimum heat buildup and hence the least oxidation. The juice yield is very high due to slow masticating action and the unique augur design. Its biggest high point is the NSF certification which enables it to be put to commercial use.
Some users felt that it occupies a lot of space and difficult to assemble. Well, the assembly gets easier after a bit of acclimatization and you definitely need to mark out a bit of space for this one. Another flip side is its slow juicing speed and the cooling-off time required after 30 minutes of juicing. Hence, if you are looking for very high volume juicing then this may not be the perfect fit. But then you need to shell out much more for a good quality juice which this machine certainly guarantees.
- High-quality juice output
- NSF certified
- Heavy-duty detachable IEC cord
- Low noise levels
- Compared to other twin gear juicers, this is easiest to clean
- The cool-off time needed after every 30 min run
- Bit Pricey
- Takes up space
My verdict: This, no doubt, is the best in class and a true cold press juicer. Go for high quality juicing experience at a reasonably good price.
However, if you are specifically looking for some commercial juicers then don’t forget to refer to our list of some of the best.
- Twin Gear Masticating Juicer with Magnetic and Bio--Cermmic Technolody - Preserves Juice Longer
- Juices Wheatgrass, Fruits Vegetables & More - Most up to date of all twin gear machines
- Low speed rotation (160 rpm); powerful twin gear impeller; generates virtually no heat
- Operations Manual and DVD included -
- Warranty - Limited Manufacturers Warranty - 10 Years on Motor, 5 Years on Operational Parts
Then, I have the Green power juicer on my list of the best wheatgrass juicers. This juicer, once again, uses a twin gear technology and hence extracts the highest quality juice.
This juicer works at a comparatively faster pace (160 rpm) than its cousins in the same category yet produces no heat. So the manufacturers claim!
However, I wouldn’t ignore the basic scientific principle here. There’s bound to be some amount of friction when the two gears rotate at 160 rpm as compared to 110 rpm. As a result, some oxidation too will happen. Having said that, I also believe that there will be a slight deterioration in juice quality as compared to other twin gear juicers, but that’s about all. It would still retain most of the nutrients and the quality will not be as compromised as that of a centrifugal juicer.
So, while it does compromise on juice quality to some extent, it comes with all the good features of a twin gear juicer. It does not fall behind other juicers in using the Bio-Ceramic technology that maintains the overall quality of the juice. Another unique feature of this model, that might be of special interest to you, is its ability to separate seeds while juicing grapes. And not to mention its versatility. Whether you want to prepare pasta or nut butter or even grind the coffee, your Green power is ready to serve!
Most users seemed pretty satisfied with the product, especially, the price. The juice quality also passed the test because users found the pulp to be pretty much dry. Furthermore, they were quite impressed with the simplicity of its design, specifically the one-button on-off feature. Another feedback from users that sets this juicer apart is its ease of cleaning. Now this, in my opinion, is a sure winner, considering how most users have been grumbling about the tedious cleaning process of most twin gear juicers, in general.
However, some disgruntled users found it a hassle to switch parts while juggling between vegetable and fruit juice.
- 160 rpm speed
- Affordable pricing
- Doubles well as a food processor
- Uses magnetized Bio-Ceramic technology for high juice quality
- Silent operation
- Easy to clean
- Some compromise on juice quality, albeit low, due to higher speed
- Not very sturdy
My verdict: For your quick juicing needs with not much compromise on quality, don’t miss out on this one.
Also, if you are specifically looking for a food processor that doubles as a blender, then here’s my list of combos.
- ELECTRIC JUICER AND MINCER: Featuring a powerful 200-watt motor and 3-stage speed reduction gears, Slowstar masticating juicer provides slow, cold press juice...
- DUO-BLADE ULTEM AUGER: The vertical cold press juicer features duo-blade that creates two times more cutting action. The auger rapidly cuts and crushes your...
- MINCING ATTACHMENT: Increase the versatility of Slowstar mincer chopper by turning it into a multi-purpose tool with the included mincing attachment which...
- EASY TO CLEAN: Electric slow masticating cold press juicer comes with a cap that prevents leaks and drips while switching containers and is detachable for easy...
- LIVE TRIBEST LIFE: At Tribrest, we provide you with quality products that will energize your life. Our motto is "Making healthy living easy" and we ensure that...
Another remarkable product from Tribest appears on my list of the best wheatgrass juicers, simply because of its unique design besides technology.
This one is specifically for those who would like to save some horizontal space in their kitchen. Because of its vertical construction, similar to a centrifugal juicer, this Slowstar has a smaller base as compared to most slow juicers. Though it needs vertical space, it accommodates well in the smallest of counters.
While it is a slow juicer, it is not a twin-gear juice. Evidently, this explains its reasonable price tag. However, I was quite impressed by its duo-blade auger. Now, the manufacturers claim that this BPA-free Ultem auger is around 8-times stronger than the augers used in other such juicers. Well, I wouldn’t have believed this claim on just their words, but for the user reviews. The high yield and less pulp are clear evidence that this auger is, undoubtedly, better than others.
Another outstanding feature that actually stood out is its high torque despite the slow speed of 47 rpm. Though I (in agreement with most experts) have been propagating slow juicing for higher quality, I’m generally satisfied with around 80 rpm. So, while I was happy to see the exceptionally slow speed, I was a bit skeptical about the time it would take. Once again, the reviews came in handy to change my view. Because of its powerful motor, the torque produced is sufficient to enable quick juicing. In fact, compared to other such juicers, this one takes up to 3-times lesser time.
And finally, a special mention to its juice cap. I specifically loved this detachable cap that is so useful in preventing leaks or spills.
Firstly, its versatility is one feature most users appreciated. The convertible mincing attachment was a real show stopper because it enables users to make sorbets, sauces, nut-butter, and much more. Most users were quite satisfied with its juicing capabilities, especially the wheatgrass juice. Another feature that most users quite admired is its quiet functionality as well as the ease of cleaning.
As far as some unhappy customers go, some had major jamming issues. However, this issue can be easily resolved if you understand its exact usage style. Well, most users who learned the trick either by research or the instruction booklets got most of their problems resolved. For instance, to prevent clogging, some users suggested altering dry and wet ingredients while juicing.
- Strikingly slow juicer (47 rpm) yet saves time due to its 200-watt powerful motor
- Compare to other models of the brand this is affordable
- Easy to store due to vertical design
- Easy to clean
- Good juice yield
- Very high quality juicing
- Versatile due to extra attachment
- Silent functioning
- 10-yr warranty
- Well known brand
- The long vertical design is sometimes inconvenient
- Needs some level of familiarity for seamless juicing
My Verdict: This is one of the best in its class, so go for it without delay!
While reviewing some great juicers, I noticed the need for cleaning them regularly. Hence, to solve this problem, don’t forget to look up my listing of the best dishwashers.
- INDUSTRY LEADING 15-YEAR Coverage on parts and performance
- LONGER LASTING JUICES - Using a low speed of 80 RPMs results in minimal heat buildup and oxidation promoting healthy enzymes
- EXCLUSIVE - Dual Stage masticating extraction
- HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS JUICES - Extracts the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins, taste and juice from minimum amounts of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, and...
- NUTRITION SYSTEM - Extrude pasta, grind coffee and spices, turn nuts into nut butter, make baby food and frozen desserts, mince herbs and garlic, and whip up...
While we are talking about the best wheatgrass juicers, Omega NC900 certainly cannot be ignored. I’m saying this because it is one of the most popular models from a well-trusted brand.
This heavy-duty nutrition system from Omega is much more than just a juice extractor. Apart from its exceptional ability to extract a good yield of juice from fine veggies, it is also capable of extruding pasta or grinding coffee. And not to mention, mincing herbs and garlic along with its ability to turn nuts into nut butter.
Its slow speed of 80 rpm ensures minimum heat production and oxidation, thereby ensuring you the maximum nutrients in every glass of juice extracted.
A feature that I find specifically handy is its large feed chute which drastically reduces the prepping time. The quiet motor is a blessing for those early morning juicers who don’t want to disturb the whole household while juicing. Above all, the 15-year warranty speaks a lot about its quality.
I could find many happy users all through my user reviews. They were appreciative of its great juice yield, quiet function, easy cleaning, good customer support, and good juicing capacity. Some users had issues with parts breaking down. However, the warranty should take care of such issues.
- Silent functioning
- High yield
- Versatile capability
- Especially good for green leafy veggies
- 15-year warranty
- Low oxidation due to 80 rpm slow speed
- Long feed chute
- Well known brand
- Some users have reported issues with plastic parts
- Bit expensive
My Verdict: This heavy-duty nutrition machine is reasonably priced for its versatile functionality and brand value.
Meanwhile, for some healthy baked options to go with your juice you can pick some good ovens from our expert listings.
- 🍏【Easy to assemble & Easy to clean】Delicate and secure design ensures assembly and disassembly both could be done easily and rapidly; Dishwasher safe...
- 🥒【Quiet, 60 DB; Reverse function】Mute design, the volume of the juicer is lower than 60 dB when working, with reverse function, smooth juice output, dry...
- 🥕【80RPM, millimeter filter】80 rpm cold pressing greatly reduces the accumulation of heat, oxidation and foam, and the pulp is more delicate and easier to...
- 🍋【Cold pressing technology, Nutrient Extractor】Aicook cold pressing technology can easily obtain nutrient-rich enzymes and antioxidants, thereby...
- 👍【Three-year warranty, high-quality after-sales service】Lifelong technical consultation and 24-hour quality service are designed to make you 100%...
A popular model with high ratings, Aicook has surely reserved a place on my list of the best wheatgrass juicers. Apart from the features, which I will be discussing shortly, this one makes way into my list for its affordable pricing.
With the 7-stage juicing capability of its auger, this juicer is capable of producing high-quality juice. Additionally, the 80 rpm speed ensures that the juice is high in enzymes and nutrients due to low heat production. Besides, it is easy to clean because of the 1-button quick disassembly feature. It also comes with a whole load of accessories for a great juicing experience.
To begin with, this product has very high ratings from its users, especially for ease of use. They also have very positive reviews regarding the quality of juice extracted by the machine, especially the wheatgrass.
On the downside, there are a few question marks on its durability. However, looking at the price, I wouldn’t expect it to go on year after year like the high-end machines.
- High-quality juice due to slow juicing at 80 rpm
- Easy to clean
- Reverse rotation for declogging
- Not durable
- Only 2-year warranty
My Verdict: Though not very durable, you can make it last longer with careful usage. Nevertheless, this one does a great job at extracting high-quality juice at such a low cost.
To up your “health quotient,” it would be a good idea to use some home-made protein-rich nut butter. With this in mind, our experts have collated a list of the best food processors for nut butter.
- Great Household Gift!!! 【Multi-purpose for Fruits ¡ê| Veggies,Upgrade Spiral System】AMZCHEF juicer machines with 7 spiral masticating for maximum juice...
- 【Higher and Purer Juice Yield and Richer Nutrition】 AMZCHEF slow masticating juicer uses a low speed motor and fine grinding which best retains the...
- 【Small Caliber Cold Press Masticating Juicer】AMZCHEF slow juicer with small feeder chute allows you can remove the seeds when you cytting the fruit to...
- 【Intelligent Protection Chips and Easy to Assemble】Cold press juicer equipped with intelligent protection chips, making it stop automatically for every 20...
- 【AMZCHEF Slow Masticating Juicer Warranty and Service】 We want you to feel safe with your purchase, That's why we stand behing our AMZCHEF cold press jucier...
And finally, the last one on my list of the best wheatgrass juicers is a model that’s easy on the pocket but does a great job at quality juicing. I specifically recommend Amzchef cold press juicer for first-time juicers for the reasons described below.
Amzchef’s masticating juicer does a great job at giving a good yield of juice that is nutritious and healthy. It is endowed with a “7 updated Auger spiral masticating technology” which ensures 90% juice yield and a nutrient-packed extract with minimal loss.
Features that make it stand out are the one-button disassembly and the reverse function. The reverse function is specifically useful because the leafy veggies do tend to get stuck at times. Besides these, another practical feature is its “intelligent protection” attribute. This makes sure that the juicer automatically stops after every 20 minutes of operation to avoid over-heating.
Users have certainly admired this machine for the features it gives at such a budget-friendly price. The downside is its small chute which forces users to cut the veggies real small. Some users were a little unhappy with the effort it requires for cleaning. On the whole, users are happy with this product.
- Easy on pocket
- Intelligent protection function
- High juice yield
- Only 3% oxidation
- Silent functionality
- Reverse function for declogging
- Small chute so more cutting of veggies required
- Not very durable
- Downtime after every 20 minutes to avoid overheating can be frustrating at times
- Not a very well known brand
My verdict: A great slow juicer at an unbelievable price. A perfect buy for those who want to enjoy the benefits of a slow juicer at a reasonable price.
Not all your health needs are fulfilled by juicers. So, if you are looking for some exceptional rice cooking options, don’t forget to refer to my list of the best rice cookers.
How I chose my list of the best Wheatgrass Juicers
It’s a known fact that extracting juice from fruits is much easier than that from vegetables simply because vegetables are drier and leafier than fruits, especially wheatgrass. Hence, I would recommend slow juicers for drier vegetables because they are capable of extracting maximum juice from the pulp.
Another point to be kept in mind is that centrifugal juicers can be used for juicy vegetables like tomatoes, beetroot, cucumber, etc. But they are not good for leafy greens or grassy herbs because of their dry pulp. Hence, if you plan to juice wheatgrass, then a masticating juicer would be the best choice.
Hence I have specifically looked at those juicers that can squeeze out the most from your wheatgrass. Here’s what I’ve looked at before shortlisting the right model –
Juicer type, in my opinion, is the most important indicator of juice quality because of its dependence on the extraction method. At this point, I can briefly summarize my research outcome by asserting the fact that twin-gear juicers tend to extract the best quality juice. However, for a more detailed understanding, you can refer to my article on the best twin gear juicers. Specifically for wheatgrass juicing, I have included slow juicers either single or twin gear.
Speed is important for the quality and quantity of juice output. Generally, slow juicers extract the best quality juices with minimum nutrient loss. Having said that, it doesn’t imply that fast juicers can’t be used at all. However, since wheatgrass is typically is less juicy, a centrifugal juicer may not retain its nutrient content while juicing.
With the price, you are in a tricky space as the higher the cost, the better the features. Hence, I have endeavored to strike a balance between the features and cost. I have not included some of the very expensive models though they might have had some additional features. At the same time, I have not compromised features with the cost.
Ease of cleaning
This is an important feature for any juicer because it is the biggest pain area for most juice enthusiasts. Hence, easy cleaning juicers hold a higher weightage in my reviews.
I feel that home users are more sensitive about size as compared to businesses. Most users like to have a compact machine that occupies minimum space. I have definitely taken this into account.
1. Is there any particular way or time for drinking wheatgrass juice for maximum benefits?
Though I’m not an Ayurveda doctor, my experience tells me that you should take it on an empty stomach for the best results. Having said that, I would suggest you follow your body’s signs. What suits your body best will definitely be most effective on it.
2. How much wheatgrass juice should I consume daily for best results?
It would be good to start with around 15 ml initially to see how your body takes to it. Eventually you can go up to 30 ml. However, I would like to point out that we are not medical or nutrition experts, hence this suggestion should not be construed as a medical advice.
3. Will the best wheatgrass juicer also be good for fruits?
All the juicers I have listed are good with any type of fruit or vegetable. Nevertheless, some models may not juice the fleshy foods well. But again, you can’t get the best of all worlds!
Here’s some interesting information on wheatgrass
The best wheatgrass juicer may not be the answer to all your health needs, but it certainly promises to give you the best pack of nutrients that nature has provided in wheatgrass juice. By far, Tribest Jumbo Twin Gears GS-P502 Greenstar Pro is my favourite wheatgrass juicer because it’s simply the best. With its advanced technology, you can be sure of the highest amount of nutrient intake through the juice. Not far behind is the Green Power KPE1304 Twin Gear Juicer Wheatgrass, which, like its close cousin, is also a twin gear juicer. Though it’s more affordable, it also compromises a bit on juice quality. Nevertheless, being a twin gear juicer, it still holds a higher place for juice quality.
And finally, besides some great mid-range models like Tribest SW-2000 Slowstar, Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer and Omega NC900HDC Juicer Extractor, my budget conscious readers also have some great options to choose from the last two models.
With the hope that my rigorous research helps you find the best wheatgrass juicer, I conclude this discussion to start finding some more great appliances for you!
A graduate in Computer Science with post-graduation in Finance, Manisha Dhiman Kant is a stay at home mom. Having worked with multinational companies for around 10 years, she chose to work from home to balance her family commitment and work life. Since then she has written content on various areas of management, life, and technology. An avid online shopper, Manisha enjoys writing frank reviews for the benefit of other shoppers especially in kitchen gadgets and appliances category because that, she feels, is her forte (an entitlement most moms have because of having spent substantial time in the kitchen).