The propagators of a vegan diet claim its immense benefits to self, animals, and the planet on the whole. Well, I don’t doubt their claims, but this diet certainly increases your work of chopping, slicing, and grating. A food processor specifically for a vegan diet is your best bet at saving the effort. Hence, I have compiled a list of the best food processors for Vegans.
- 1 Why a Vegan diet?
- 2 Summary of Best Food Processors for Vegans
- 3 Best Food Processors for Vegans
- 4 My Selection Criteria and Buying Guide
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Why a Vegan diet?
A Vegan diet is the need of the hour even though it sounds very difficult to get into. Well, you will naturally be drawn towards it after reading the rest of the article, no matter how hard it looks.
Starting with the first benefit I mentioned in the beginning, this diet has immense health benefits for you. Other than helping with weight loss, it reduces the risk of heart disease because of its ability to lower cholesterol. Along with reducing the chances of some cancers like colon cancer, a Vegan diet is very good for managing type 2 diabetes by lowering the A1C levels. To know more about the health benefits, you can refer to the research paper here.
The next reason for opting for a Vegan diet is more ethical than health related. The amount of cruelty the animals suffer before become our food is heart-wrenching. To understand more about how animals are treated before they land on our plates, you can check this guide.
And the final argument in favor of veganism is that it is good for the planet. This is because raising livestock for food requires them to be fed immensely. Studies suggest that livestock uses more than 80% of farmland whereas they provide only 18% calories. Even fish production, which is considered to be relatively more sustainable, is a source of methane production because of the excreta that gets deposited at the bottom of the pond. You can refer to this research paper for a detailed analysis of how a vegan diet is more sustainable than others.
Summary of Best Food Processors for Vegans
1. Breville BFP820BAL Sous Chef 16 Peel & Dice – This Breville machine is the best in class. Features justify the price so a big thumbs up to this one!
2. KitchenAid KFP1466ER 14-Cup Food Processor – A combination of class and beauty, this compact yet multifunctional processor is a must-have for your Vegan cooking.
3. Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor – A good option from Breville, comparable to its top-end model at a much lower price. Worth a thought!
4. NutriChef NCFP8 Multipurpose 12 Cup Multifunction Food Processor – No doubt this is the best budget-friendly appliance with no compromise on features. A good buy!
5. Hamilton Beach Compact 8-Cup Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper – Good value for money. Another budget-friendly appliance with full focus on quality.
Best Food Processors for Vegans
Now that you have chosen to be Vegan, you are in for a lot of cutting and chopping work. So, here is my list of the best food processors for vegans like you, compiled with utmost attention to every detail. However, for more variety, you can also look at my review on food processors for nut butter which can also be used for vegan processing.
Breville BFP820BAL Sous Chef 16 Peel & Dice
- Dicing - no longer difficult breville’s new dicing attachment takes ease and precision to the next level. The dicing attachment works by slicing and then...
- Peeled to perfection peeling doesn’t have to be painful. The peeler disc can peel up to 7 potatoes at a time and all sorts of produce like beetroot and sweet...
- A chute for every shape Three Feed chute options for precise results. By enabling larger produce in the big chute, Breville larger dicing area creates more...
- Heavy duty induction motor The sous chef 16 Peel & dice has an updated direct drive, High torque 1200W motor to easily handle the toughest jobs in the...
- S-blade system the micro-serrated s-blade delivers swift action for consistent chopping, mixing, and processing of a variety of ingredients.
This state of the art appliance from Breville promises to take precision and ease to an entirely different level. Its powerful 1200 watt motor handles even the toughest ingredients with the utmost ease. The 16 cup capacity of its bowl helps you process large quantities without any hassle. The best part is its mini bowl. The manufacturer has been thoughtful enough to provide this bowl for your small quantity processing.
Its peeling feature is a real attention grabber. I loved its peeler disc for the capacity and variety of peeling it can perform at a time. This is a perfect time and energy saver for the immense vegan cooking job. The variable slicing disc with 24 settings can slice between 0.3 mm thickness to 8.0 mm thickness – a function very useful for professional-level vegan cooking.
Users love this machine for its precision and utility. The storage container provided in the accessories is a big hit with users. The wide feed chute is an added advantage that the users find very convenient.
Some users were not happy about the space it occupies, but it’s not a big deal I guess. Sharp blades are both good and not so good features. One needs to be careful while disengaging or cleaning else they can cause serious injury. However, the sharp blades help in the perfect processing of your vegetables.
- 1200 Watt powerful motor
- Perfect Dicing feature
- Three feed chute
- New peeling function
- 16 cup capacity with an option for smaller capacity processing
- Easy storage
- Brand legacy
My Verdict: Price justifies the features. If you have the money just go for it!
KitchenAid KFP1466ER 14-Cup Food Processor
- Industry's First hands-free commercial-style dicing kit slices then dices for effortless processing.
- The externally adjustable ExactSlice System features optimized speeds, and an external lever that allows you to go from thick to thin with one slide of the...
- High, Low & Pulse speed options allow you to precisely and properly handle soft or hard ingredients with the touch of a button.
- The 2-in-1 Feed Tube lets you use either the large or narrower opening during continuous slicing or shredding, depending on the size of the ingredients.
- Model KFP1466 includes 14-Cup Work Bowl, 4-Cup Work Bowl, Lid with Feed Tube, Lid without Feed Tube, Adjustable Slicing Disc, Reversible Shredding Disc,...
This sleek and compact red model from Kitchenaid is an absolute delight to have for its looks and functions. The company claims to be a pioneer in introducing a very advanced dicing mechanism which boasts of precision and ease. This hands-free professional dicing kit is certainly very impressive. It offers a variety of slicing thickness for your various needs.
With a 14-cup capacity and ultra-tight sealing system, you can fill your ingredients to the top level without worrying about any leakages. The three-speed options of high, low, and pulse give you the flexibility of processing various types of vegetables. The accessories included with this model actually swept me off my feed. Fabulous!
The vegan users consider it the best mate in the kitchen, for it makes all the food prep a breeze. They have given it full marks for its dicing and chopping jobs.
On the downside, some users were unhappy with the locking mechanism which they felt is too finicky. Some users had food getting caught under the blades. However, these are minor issues that require some acclimatization with the machine.
- Well known brand
- Compact and sleek
- Hands-free commercial-style dicing kit
- 14-cup capacity with an option of smaller quantity processing
- 2-in-1 feed tube
- Many useful accessories
- 3-speed options
- Tight sealing system
- Only 1-year warranty
My Verdict: The innovative features of this Kitchenaid machine make it a must-have appliance in your kitchen.
Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor
- Grating cheese and chopping herbs or nuts to mixing batters and pureeing soups
- 12 cup cap; BPA Free plastic work bowl; Safety braking system
- Large 5" wide feed chute eliminates need to precut most ingredients
- Momentary pulse button for maximum control and even processing
- 1000 watt induction motor offers great versatility and power in a compact size
This model from Breville is comparable to its top model introduced earlier, albeit not as sophisticated. However, it does come close to the top-end model in terms of a powerful 1000 Watt induction motor capacity. Safety features ensure the processor doesn’t start if not sealed properly. The 12-cup capacity is considered good for medium-level cooking.
Its sharp blade system ensures consistent slicing each time. The 3-feed chute option gives you the flexibility of processing different sizes of vegetables. I also liked its adjustable slicing disc which can slice to a paper-thin thickness of 0.3mm on one hand and 8 mm thickness on the other.
Overall, this model is well-liked by most of its users for its strength and sturdiness. Its versatility and precision make it a darling of vegan cooks.
The flipside of this appliance is its short cord. Some users found this very frustrating.
- Powerful 1000 watt motor
- Heavy and sturdy machine
- Multiple blades for a variety of slicing and chopping jobs
- Good customer service from a well-known brand
- 12-cup capacity
- Only 1-year limited warranty
My Verdict: Good product from a well-known brand at not too expensive pricing. This is a very good option for Vegan cooking.
For some good options below $100, check out our list of some good yet affordable processors.
NutriChef NCFP8 Multipurpose 12 Cup Multifunction Food Processor
- 6 ATTACHMENT BLADE: The 12 cup food processor set includes slicer/shredder & masher blade disc, chopper, dough kneading, & emulsifying blades, & citrus juicer...
- QUIET POWERFUL MOTOR: This food chopper blender food processor with dough blade is equipped with ultra-quiet powerful motor w/ 600w power output for fast and...
- 2L Capacity: NutriChef food processor dicing slicing shredding mixing food prepping machine comes w/ high capacity food bowl that can hold up to 12 cups of dry...
- EASY TO CLEAN: Has a compact design and quick to set up for fast & easy food prep. All the attachment parts of this electric food processor are removable from...
- ELECTRONIC OVERLOAD PROTECTION: This slicer shredder food processor has an electronic overload protection feature to protect the motor from overheating and...
A budget-friendly product from Nutrichef, this machine promises ease and efficiency while performing a variety of functions. Its quiet yet powerful 600-watt motor drastically reduces your prep time. With a 12 cup capacity, this appliance can make your shredding, dicing, slicing, and mixing job a cakewalk. Its best part is the ease of cleaning. Just remove all parts and wash them with soap water. No need to put in the dishwasher or go through a rigorous washing regimen. However, if you are looking for some good dishwasher options, don’t forget to refer to some great alternatives I have compiled for you.
Its 6 attachments provide all the options for a variety of jobs like shredding, mashing, chopping, kneading, citrus juicing, and so on. The rubber suction attachment at the bottom is strong enough to hold it in place while doing the volatile processing work.
This appliance boasts of a great user experience. Most users are very satisfied with its versatile features. A special mention to its unique slicing function and the ease of cleaning. Recommended by most users for its efficiency and price.
I didn’t come across many complaining customers of this product, just a bit of grumbling about not so good instruction booklet. But on the whole, never seen so many satisfied customers of a product.
- Good motor power for vegan cooking
- 12-cup capacity
- 6 attachments for various jobs
- Quiet motor
- Easy to assemble and disassemble for cleaning
- Instruction booklet not detailed
- Some issues with safety lock as the machine doesn’t start sometimes
My verdict: You don’t get so many features at this price. No second thoughts about this buy!
Hamilton Beach Compact 8-Cup Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper
- Included Components: Hamilton Beach 70450 8-Cup Food Processor
- Brand : Hamilton Beach
- Model : 70450
Hamilton Beach, with a 100-year legacy, once again brings a thoughtfully designed appliance for your ease and comfort. Well known for their pocket-friendly appliances, the manufacturers have ensured that this model does not lag in features and utility. It comes with a reversible slicing/shredding disc along with stainless steel chopping blades. I was super impressed with this disc for its ability to perform julienne or french cut for your carrots or french fries respectively (kids love these home-made fries).
The BPA-free bowl is dishwasher-safe and has an 8-cup capacity. All parts are dishwasher-safe and easy to clean.
Users love this little “master chef” for its utility at such a good price. They are very appreciative of its capacity to take abuse well. Some users liked it perfect slicing as well as the ease of processing, especially the smaller quantities.
On the flip side, some users found it difficult to clean. Some users have reported issues with the knob control and space between the food chute and slicing blades where the unprocessed ingredients get stuck. However, nothing very serious that cannot be overlooked because the pros weigh more than the cons.
- Well know brand
- Powerful motor
- BPA-free bowl
- Small capacity
- Difficult to clean
My verdict: This appliance is a value for money. So many functions at such a great price! Don’t miss this opportunity.
Note: If you are planning to use a food processor to shred vegetables for making vegetable rice or soup, then try using a rice cooker for complete hassle-free cooking. Here’s my list of some great rice cookers.
My Selection Criteria and Buying Guide
A food processor is a woman’s best mate in the kitchen. But for it to be really helpful, it needs to have many features. Hence, I have only selected those models that fulfilled the following yardstick.
The power of the motor decides how fast it processes the ingredients. The more powerful the motor, the smoother will be the nut butter. In my experience, anything from 450 watts and above should be a good benchmark for power. Accordingly, my list contains models 450 Watts and above.
Blades are the next important components of a processor. It is heavily dependent on blades for the various functions of chopping, grinding, slicing, etc. Unlike a blender that has specialized blades, a processor has discs and blades for various functions. The expensive models have more varieties as compared to the less expensive ones. However, I have enlisted models that cater to the most useful capabilities.
3. Noise levels
A quiet functionality is an important feature and all my processors range between low to the medium noise level.
This is an imperative feature for all electronic gadgets. Safety features in all the models listed above vary from anti-splash design safety to motor integrated activation triggers.
These vary from 8-cup to 16-cup capacity and you can choose as per your requirements.
Having seen why a vegan diet is good for you, you can also look at some not so expensive food processors our team of experts has compiled specifically for cabbage processing (a very healthy ingredient of a vegan diet).
1. Will I be able to use my processor as a juicer?
Some processors do have separate juicer attachments for your juicing requirements. Even if yours doesn’t have, you can use the grinding attachment for juicing.
2. Why should I buy a processor? Cant a blender do the same job?
Well, yes and no. It can do some part of the job like pureeing or juicing. However, it will not help you much with dicing, slicing, or chopping because it is not supposed to do all that. Its main job is to pulverize the ingredients. On the other hand, a processor has many options for all the different types of your cutting needs. Nevertheless, if you are looking for some good blenders, don’t forget to look at our list.
3. How is a pulse function useful?
It is helpful for controlling the amount of processing your ingredients need. For instance, if you need big pieces of onion rather than finely chopped ones, then you need to give shorter bursts of power to your chopper blades by pressing the pulsator for a shorter period of time. The opposite will hold true if you need finely chopped pieces.
Now that you are truly motivated to turn Vegan, don’t forget that a fresh vegetable and fruit juice once or twice a day is a great way of starting this immensely healthy journey. And, if you are looking for a good juicer, my list of some great juicers can help you make the right choice.
A food processor is a must-have appliance specifically for a vegan because this cooking requires a lot of chopping, cutting, shredding, etc. The list I have collated consists of some of the best brands with features categorically designed for a Vegan diet. Even while taking care of the specific features required for Vegan cooking, I have made sure that there are options for all budget types.
On the whole, I would recommend Breville BFP820BAL Sous Chef 16 Peel & Dice as my top choice for the best food processor for Vegans. However, if the price is a somewhat important decider then I would propose KitchenAid KFP1466ER 14-Cup Food Processor and Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor as my next best alternatives. Both match on pricing with a minor difference in capacity. Nevertheless, both are good contenders of Breville BFP820BAL Sous Chef 16 Peel & Dice for the features and utility. And finally, for the budget-conscious buyers, I propose NutriChef NCFP8 Multipurpose 12 Cup Multifunction Food Processor and Hamilton Beach Compact 8-Cup Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper, both well-liked brands with a strong legacy.
Whichever product you choose, rest assured that each model presented above has been diligently researched before finding a place in my final list.
A graduate in Computer Science with post-graduation in Finance, Manisha Dhiman Kant is a stay at home mom. Having worked with multinational companies for around 10 years, she chose to work from home to balance her family commitment and work life. Since then she has written content on various areas of management, life, and technology. An avid online shopper, Manisha enjoys writing frank reviews for the benefit of other shoppers especially in kitchen gadgets and appliances category because that, she feels, is her forte (an entitlement most moms have because of having spent substantial time in the kitchen).