Are you a fan of Cabbage salads, soups, pancakes, noodles, etc? But thinking about cutting cabbage in shreds troubles you? No need to worry anymore as you are in the right place. I just love cooking but early when it would come to shred or chop vegetables especially cabbage then I used to drop the idea for cooking as you know that it’s so time-consuming and troublesome, but thanks to my food processor which does wonder when it comes to shredding cabbage. Here am I to take you through the best food processors for shredding cabbage based on my research.
In this super busy lifestyle, the food processor has become a need of an hour for all of us. Being a working professional myself, I find it quite difficult to cut vegetables for preparing dishes. A food processor has become my necessity kitchen equipment, I guess it’s not only mine but for many of us reading this. And it takes a small space in your kitchen with easy cleaning. You can check out our expert review on dishwashers: 6 Best Dishwasher for Low Water Pressure – Complete Guide and 6 Best Dishwashers Under $400: Ultimate Guide [Updated]
Buyers Guide To Buy Food Processor
- Capacity: This plays an important role while looking for the best food processor in the market. Depending on my need, I look for ideal capacity processors in the same away, while buying you should consider the capacity of the food processor based on your daily requirements.
- Power: Another important consideration that I look for in my food processor is its power. Like the larger processors require more power to break up or chop hard vegetables. so, I would recommend you to look for at least 400 watts of power for an average machine.
- Multi-tasking: It would not be a wise decision on my and your part to look for food processors which can be helpful only for 1 particular process. Like, instead of looking for a food processor for shredding cabbage, if we can buy processors that can chop, slice other vegetables, meat, fish, etc. So, I would suggest you to good for a multi-purpose food processor.
- Price: The price of a Food Processor can play a very important role while selecting the best processor for your home. Each one of us would love to buy the best capacity, powerful, multi-tasking Food Processor with a price that is not heavy on our pocket. So, I usually go on to compare a few products that are somehow are as per my requirements and among that select the best processor basing on its cost when compared with features.
Food Processors for Shredding Cabbage- Summary
Here is the list of best food processors based on my own research, which will definitely guide your select best processor for shredding cabbage.
1. Hamilton Beach Compact 8-Cup Food Processor: This Hamilton Food Processor is small in size but it is big in features. It has stainless steel chopper and also comes with a reversible shredder which is best for shredding cabbage and other vegetables. This processor has the capacity to hold 6 cups of dry ingredients and up to 3 cups of wet ingredients. So, I feel this is a multi-purpose Food Processor.
2. ANKII MINI 2-CUP Food Processor: This 400 watts food processor is perfect for small food preparation. It has a capacity of 2 cups and comes with a dimension of 4.33 x 4.33 x 9.84 inches. This portable mini chopper can shredder cabbage, carrot can chop meat, other vegetables and can even crush ice. This is dishwasher safe.
3. Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor Brushed Chrome and Nickel: This one-touch food processor comes with a 24-ounce work bowl with a handle which can shred cabbage and other vegetables and fruits on one touch. This food processor comes with 18 months warranty and with a recipe book. You can go for this.
4. Proctor Silex Durable Mini 1.5 Cup Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper for Dicing, Mincing & Puree, White (72500RY): This Proctor Silex Food Processor is perfect for your daily kitchen need. It has a capacity of almost 1.5 cups. This is portable and dishwasher safe. It can be used to shredder cabbage, carrots also perfect for chopping veggies for baby food.
5. Cuisinart FP-11GM Elemental 11 Cup Food Processor, Gunmetal: This 550 watts food processor comes with 11 cups capacity with stainless blads. This is ideal for day to day cooking needs. Not only it’s ideal for shredding cabbage but it’s even ideal for chopping, slicing and have dough blades too. This food processor is easy to clean and is dishwasher safe.
Food Processors for Shredding Cabbage-Recommendation
1. Hamilton Beach Compact 8-Cup Food Processor
- Included Components: Hamilton Beach 70450 8-Cup Food Processor
- Brand : Hamilton Beach
- Model : 70450
Hamilton Food Processor comes with 8 cups capacity with 300 watts to shred, cut & slide vegetables & fruits. It can chop nuts, vegetables, fruits, potatoes, etc. I would personally highly recommend this food processor. It is very easy to operate and has easy-to-read measurement marks for pouring liquids using a clear food pusher. This food processor is mainly best for shredding cabbages and Hamilton is one of the trusted brands in the market. This food processor is dishwasher safe. Get the best dishwasher based on our expert recommendation. 7 Best Commercial Dishwasher for Home Use: Reviews and Features & A Buyer’s Guide To The Best Food Processors Under $100 [Updated]
- This is very light weighted & Portable.
- It has a capacity of 8 cups.
- It is a multi-tasker. It not only works best for shredding cabbages but it’s best for cooping, sliding all fruits & vegetables.
- This is dishwasher safe.
- The knob control can be hard to turn it wet hands.
- Some gap between the end of the Food Shute and the Slicing Blade. So, your food chunks should be a bit thick and long to get a good outcome.
2. ANKII MINI 2-CUP Food Processor
- ✿SAVING YOUR TIME - Mini food chopper assists you easily chop vegetables, meat, fruits, crush ice cubes so on with 4-piece sharp stainless steel blades. Save...
- ✿EASY TO USE - The top cover is a power push button switch, press it the machine will start working, it will stop working when you release your hand. You can...
- ✿MULTIFUNCTIONAL PROCESSOR - The small food chopper can be used for chopping meat, fish, vegetables, cheese, nuts, fruits or making salad, guacamole and baby...
- ✿EASY TO CLEAN - Clean with a damp sponge and cloth and wipe dry. The cover, bowl, and the chopping blades can be also cleaned in the upper basket of the...
- ✿IDEAL GIFT - Make a difference and offer this exquisite kitchen tool as a unique, practical and easy-to-use gift. It can chop different ingredients to...
Are you looking for a food processor that can save you time? Are you looking for a processor that is easy to use? So, I would recommend this Ankii mini food processor which is best for a small family. Though small in size, it is a multifunctional processor from shredding cabbage to chopping meat & fish, this is the must-have kitchen utensils. It is microwave safe so it’s easy to clean & wash. It comes with a dimension of 4.33 x 4.33 x 9.84 inches
- It has a powerful monitor which results in perfect shredding, chopping process.
- As this is very small, it’s not heavy and covers a smaller space in the kitchen.
- It has great after-sell customer services.
- This is not suitable for a vast amount of vegetables or fruits.
- It might get heated at times.
3. Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor
- 250-watt food processor with 3-cup plastic work bowl
- Chops and grinds with patented reversible stainless-steel blade
- Simple push-button control panel; durable, yet lightweight plastic body. LWH (in inches) : 5.00 x 7.00 x 9.25
- Dishwasher-safe bowl and lid for quick cleanup; spatula included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards.Wipe the motor base clean with a damp sponge or cloth
I would recommend this mini-prep food processor for little tasks such as shredding, pulsing soft fruits and vegetables, chopping onions and other vegetables. This little machine is a good price for those who’re not willing to invest in the heavy-duty machines. Overall, this food processor is powerful, has great design comes with 2 speeds options so that you can speed it up as per your requirements, and easy to clean and put together. It has a 24-ounce work bowl with a handle.
- This processor is a perfect solution for those small amounts when the big food processor is just too big. In short, it’s very handy.
- It has no unnecessary parts to fiddle with and cleans well in the dishwasher.
- This is not ideal to grind fine rice, coffee grinds, etc.
- The size of the food processor is too small for it to shred a large quantity of vegetables at one go.
4. Proctor Silex Durable Mini 1.5 Cup Food Processor
Reduce cooking time with this handy 1-1/2-cup vegetable chopper. This small but strong device is best suited for cuts or cutting of vegetables, fruits, herbs, cheese, nuts, chocolate and more. It performs the same functions as a food processor in full capacity, but without the large machine having to pull out. The pulse feature of the device sets the bladder spin and provides extraordinary quality control and can remove the stainless steel processing blade for thorough cleaning.
- This food chopper’s tiny 1.5-cup size makes it the ideal choice for daily tasks.
- Efficiently cut the stainless steel blades through all ingredients, from carrots, onions, and garlic to nuts for your favorite dessert.
- It has a pot, cover and removable blades that are all secure.
- The outer lid of the food processor is a bit delicate, so needs to be handled with care.
- The blades of this processor were not so even and sharp as compared to others.
5. Cuisinart FP-11GM Elemental 11 Cup Food Processor
The Cup Food Processor from Cuisinart Elemental 11 helps you to prepare large amounts of ingredients quickly and easily with a minimal amount of effort. The spacious 11-cup work bowl makes this food processor the perfect time-saving option for your favorite dishes, allowing fast work from cutting nuts and puréeing soup to shredding tomatoes.
- This Food Processor is of large capacity. It has an 11-cup capacity bowl which is perfect for bigger families.
- This is dishwasher safe.
- It has a powerful monitor which results in perfect shredding, chopping process.
- This food processor is a bit noisy as compared to other processors.
- The end of the food shute and its slicing blade has gap. So, for a good result, your food chunks should be a bit thick and long. Check out detailed features in the video below.
Q) Can Food Processor shred, chop, or cut hard roots vegetables?
A) Yes, almost every good food processors available in the market working wonderfully for shredding, chopping, and cutting all vegetables on fruits. I would suggest you go for high power food processor.
Q) Is Food Processor Dishwasher Safe?
A) I always go for only those food processors which are Dish Washer safe. As you all are aware that it’s not always easy to handwash dishes or utensils. These days almost every food processor comes with dishwasher safe features. So, you need to check it before purchasing it.
Q) Can we grind nuts in Food Processor to make Nut Butter?
A) Make nut butter is home can be easier if our food processor can crush nuts and there are many processors available in the market that can easily crush nuts and help to make yummy nut butter at home. You can check out this product Hamilton Beach Compact 8-Cup Food Processor.
Q) Can we used Food Processor to make vegetable or fruit puree?
A) Yes, most of the food processor comes with blads take are perfect to puree your fruits and vegetables, like a tomato puree. So, you can check out from our above-mentioned recommendations.
Finally, choosing the best food processor for shredding cabbage comes down to whether you want to buy a food processor exclusively for shredding cabbage or if you want a processor that has other functions well. I would suggest that it’s you worth investing in a food processor that also slices and dices rather than exclusively shreds if you want to save space in your kitchen and cut down on cost. You can go for Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor Brushed Chrome and Nickel or Hamilton Beach Compact 8-Cup Food Processor based on our research. Also, you can check out our expert views on buying Best Rice Cooker for Sushi and Best Blenders For Protein Shakes
Kritika has been writing content & blogs for more than 4 years now. Her years of experience taught her how to balance facts with the right blend of emotions to strike a chord with readers. Her strength is writing original content with the right personal touch. She usually explores in various niches, but specifically, she is passionate about writing on Kitchen Gadgets, Appliances, Travel and Food.