Are you a Sushi lover? And do you always look for restaurants that make delicious Sushi? But do you know you can make delicious Sushi at home, the only thing is to have perfect, floppy rice and I am here to help to choose the best rice cooker, that will help you make Sushi at home as per my detailed research below.
- 1 Cooking Sushi with Best Rice Cooker
- 2 List of Rice Cooker for Sushi- Summary
- 3 Best Rice Cooker for Sushi- Recommendation
- 4 Buyer’s Guide for Rice Cooker for Sushi
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Cooking Sushi with Best Rice Cooker
Sushi is a famous dish that originates from Japan but now it is eaten & liked by people throughout the world. Sushi is basically made of nice floppy rice cooked with vinegar and served with raw seafood & vegetables into a cylindrical seaweed-wrapped roll that is sliced into bite-size pieces and rolled into a cone shape. In Japan, people usually have it on special occasions.
List of Rice Cooker for Sushi- Summary
Here I am sharing with you in a brief about the products which will definitely help you to make the right choice:
1) Aroma Houseware Electric Pressure Cooker: This ARC-5000SB has up to 20-cup cooking capacity yielding anywhere between 4 to 20 cups of cooked rice with dimension 11.18 x 10.79 x 11.38 inches. As per the reviews & my research, this rice cooker is incredibly simple to operate using its user-friendly digital panel.
2) Zojirushi NS-TSC10 Electric Pressure Cooker: This cooker can hold up to 5.5 cups of rice and I guess it would be enough to feed an 8-person family. It has special micro computerized fuzzy logic technology. It is easy to clean as it has a clear-coated stainless steel exterior.
3) Dash DRCM200BK Mini Electric Pressure Cooker: Trust me if you are looking for a rice cooker that can make rice for 1-2 person then this Dash rice cooker is your must-have. This rice cooker is small & portable with an 8.3 x 6.5 x 16 inches dimension also available in many color options that you can match with your kitchen décor.
4) BLACK+DECKER RC506 Electric Pressure Cooker: This rice cooker has 1 to 6 cup capacity hence is great for both small or large meals. The nonstick rice pot is completely removable for easy dishwasher cleanup. So, to buy the best dishwasher for low water pressure check out our expert reviews.
5) Hamilton Beach Digital Pressure Cooker: Do you like eating steam food like steam veggies or seafood along with your Sushi Meal? Then I would suggest you should go for this rice cooker as this makes one-pot meals like steam seafood or veggies while rice cooks below. It can make between 2 to 8 cups of cooked rice or whole grains.
6) Zojirushi NHS-06 Pressure Cooker: The rice cooker is an efficient and time-saving kitchen appliance that cooks up to 3 cups of perfect rice every time. With a Zojirushi rice cooker, rice will be fluffy and delicious. All Zojirushi rice cookers have durable nonstick inner cooking pans for quick and easy cleaning with 7.5 x 9.1 x 7.5 inches dimension.
Best Rice Cooker for Sushi- Recommendation
1. Aroma Housewares ARC-5000SB
- Multi-Functional Use – Whether you are in the mood for a hearty jambalaya, steamed veggies and rice, or even a fluffy cake (yes, cake! ) you can accomplish it...
- Nutritious & Delicious – The built-in steam function allows for nutrient-rich meals to be prepared above while rice, soup, or any other meal addition cooks...
- Capacity & Dimensions – The ARC-5000SB has a 20-cup cooked capacity yielding anywhere from 4 to 20 cups of cooked rice and measures 11.2 x 10.8 x 11.4 inches
- User-friendly Programming –The cooker is incredibly simple to operate using our user-friendly digital panel that switches to keep warm automatically once...
- Accessories – This rice cooker includes a non-stick inner pot, rice measuring cup, steam tray, and a plastic rice spatula. "
I would strongly recommend this rice cooker as it is best whether you are in the mood for cooking Sushi or normal steamed rice. You can even steam vegetables while rice are been cooked all with your ARC-5000SB cooker. The cooker is amazingly simple to operate because it has a user-friendly digital panel. This can hold up to 2 to 8 cups of cooked rice. It comes with a steam tray, rice measuring cup & serving spatula. Below are a few Pros & Cons as per my research.
- It is easy to use.
- Cooks perfect rice as per requirement.
- It is a multitasker. Can steam vegetables while cooking rice.
- It can cook up to 20 cups of cooked rice.
- Rice might take a bit longer time to cook in the Aroma Housewares rice cooker.
Watch the video below to understand the product features in detail.
2. Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5-1/2-Cup (Uncooked) Micom Rice Cooker
- Micro computerized fuzzy logic technology. Capacity Up to 5.5 cups / 1.0 liter,Dimensions (W x D x H) 10-1/8 x 14 x 8-1/2 inches. The electrical rating is 120...
- Automatic keep warm, extended keep warm and reheating cycle
- Easy to clean clear coated stainless steel exterior, 2 delay time settings
- Interchangeable melody and beep signal
- Built in retractable power cord
This rice cooker cooks perfectly fluffy white rice for delicious and effortless sushi at home. It has micro computerized fuzzy logic technology & is easy to clean as it has a clear-coated stainless steel exterior. It keeps rice warm for a longer duration. The best thing that I loved about this rice cooker is that you can even bake a cake using the Cake menu setting, isn’t this interesting. This also come with a steam basket that can be used to steam foods and cook rice at the same time. It has the capacity to cook up to 5.5 cups of rice.
- Rice made in this cooker will give you perfect fluffy rice which is best for Sushi.
- The non-stick inner pot is easy to remove and clean.
- The operation of the device is very simple.
- The cooking might take about an hour, i.e. longer than standard rice cooking.
3. Dash DRCM200BK Mini Rice Cooker Steamer
- MORE THAN RICE: oatmeal, stew, Soup, quinoa, rice, pasta, and even steamed veggies! the 2-cup capacity allows for healthier portion control, or individual,...
- QUICK + EASY: set it and forget it! prep time is minutes (simply add water and your Uncooked rice, pasta, or veggies), and press the cook button Your steamed...
- KEEP WARM FUNCTION: updated with a keep Warm function and indicator light - never Overheat or overcook ingredients again, making for a healthy, perfect meal...
- PORTABLE + COMPACT: this small rice cooker is your must-have for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, college dorm life, or camper/RV traveling Plus, the fun...
- INCLUDES: the 200-watt Dash mini rice cooker is backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty and includes a rice paddle, measuring cup, removable pot with PFOA-free...
What if your rice cooker is a multi-tasker? If it can cook oatmeal, stew, soup, pasta and even steamed veggies along with your Sushi Rice. This rice cooker is very easy to use. As it takes less than 20 minutes for the rice to be cooked. The 200-watt rice cooker is backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty and includes a rice paddle, measuring cup, removable pot with nonstick coating. This mini rice cooker can cook up to 2 cups of rice.
- Cool Touch Handles
- Easy to Clean & Hassel Free
- Available in different color options.
- If it’s left on warm mood for long, then rice dries up.
4. BLACK+DECKER RC506 Rice Cooker
- Capacity: Yields up to 6-Cup (Cooked) and 3 (Cup uncooked) Rice cooker, Note: use only the rice cup to measure rice, never a true cup. Volts - 120V. Wattage -...
- 6-Cup Capacity - Prepare anywhere from 1 to 6 cups of cooked rice, great for small or large meals, and for leftovers.
- Automatic Keep Warm - The rice stays ready for serving! The rice cooker automatically switches to the “keep warm” function after cooking is complete.
- Nonstick Rice Pot - The nonstick rice pot is completely removable for easy dishwasher cleanup. Dimensions are 10 x 9.0 x 5.5 inches
- Food Steaming Basket - The included food steaming basket lets you make healthy meals with vegetables, fish, and more. Measuring Cup and Spoon Included - The...
This rice cooker can prepare anywhere between 1 to 6 cups of cooked rice and it is great for small or large meals. It automatically switches to the Warm function after cooking is complete. The nonstick rice pot is completely removable for easy washing & cleanup. It also included a food steaming basket which will let you make healthy meals with vegetables, fish and more. It also has the capacity to cook up to 3 cups of uncooked rice.
- It has indicator lights.
- This is dishwasher safe.
- It comes with a steam basket to steam vegetables, fish, etc.
- It takes a longer time to cook rice. It takes around 20-30 mins to cook perfect rice for Sushi.
5. Hamilton Beach Digital Programmable Rice Cooker (37518)
- Make more than rice: Make rice, whole grains, hot cereal, steamed vegetables and much more
- Healthy, one pot meals: Steam seafood or veggies while rice cooks below
- Pre-programmed settings: Cook and steam food at the touch of a button
- 2 to 8 cup capacity: Makes between 2 to 8 cups of cooked rice or whole grains
- 2 in 1 basket: Includes rice rinser/steam basket
As shared above, we need floppy rice for Sushi and as per my research, this cooker makes perfect & floppy rice for Sushi. This rice cooker comes with a steamer. Therefore, an integrated basket can be used to steam seafood, poultry and vegetables even while the rice cooks below. It can make between 2 to 8 cups of cooked rice.
- It has 8 cups of cooked rice capacity.
- Dishwasher safe & has a nonstick pot.
- It has a countdown timer and an automatic keep-warm function after cooking.
- It is not good for cooking rice for more than 2 people.
6. Zojirushi NHS-06 Rice Cooker
- Easy-to-use single switch control
- See-through glass lid with stay cool knob
- Stay cool handles for easy transport
- Durable nonstick inner cooking pan
- Every Zojirushi rice cooker comes with a plastic measuring cup. This cup has a capacity of 6-ounces, or about 3/4 of a U.S. measuring cup. The capacity of the...
This rice cooker is an efficient and time-saving kitchen appliance that cooks perfect & floppy rice for Sushi every time. It has durable nonstick inner cooking pans for quick and easy cleaning. This can cook up to 3 cups of rice, and it comes with a glass lip which is advantageous as you can easily see your rice been cooked inside. It has durable nonstick inner cooking pans for quick and easy cleaning with 7.5 x 9.1 x 7.5 inches dimension.
- It has a see-through glass lid with a stay-cool knob.
- Durable nonstick inner cooking pan.
- It has a stainless steel steaming tray and automatic keep-warm function.
- It is best only for 2 -3 member families.
Buyer’s Guide for Rice Cooker for Sushi
I feel that making Sushi is an art and if you have a perfect rice cooker to make sushi rice then the process will be much easier. I am here to help you choose the best rice cooker to make Sushi based on research.
Capacity: To choose the best rice cooker for Sushi the main point to be considered is the capacity of the cooker. If you have a small family, then you should go for a cooker which can cook rice for 2-3 members or else go for a large capacity cooker.
Timer: This feature also is important for your consideration. Trust me, the timer feature can be very helpful as it can help you ascertain time left for the rice to be cooked.
Bowl: While looking for a Sushi rice cooker, kindly give your consideration to buy one with a non-stick pan as it becomes easy to clean and can be used in microwave & dishwasher. So, to buy the best silent dishwasher to check out our expert recommendations.
Usage: If you are planning to spend money on Rice Cooker for Sushi, then why not go for a cooker that can be used for multi-purpose i.e. not only for cooking rice for Sushi but also for steaming vegetables, cooking soup, oats, cake, etc.
Price: Though the price is not a product feature but our decision to buy anything largely depends on its price. The price of Rice Cooker will play a vital role as there are many brands available in the market but I would personally suggest that if you are getting all the above features in one product then go for it without thinking twice.
Q) How long it takes to cook rice for Sushi?
A) This completely depends on the brand of rice cooker you are using and also quantity of rice been cooked. As per my research, the average time taken by rice cookers to cook rice is around 20-30 mins.
Q) Can I use Sushi Rice Cooker to cook dishes other than rice?
A) Yes, the maximum rice cooker comes with additional features. You can use your rice cooker to steam vegetables, fish, meat or to cook soup, oats, cake, pasta, etc apart from just cooking Sushi Rice.
Q) How can I clean Rice Cooker?
A) It is easy to clean as the lid and bowl inside are removable and few are even dishwasher safe. The outer surface of the cooker can be cleaned with a clean wet cloth.
The Sushi Rice Cooker is a must-have kitchen appliance. It can make the cooking process much simpler and easier. As per our research and customer reviews, Aroma Houseware Electric Pressure Cooker for Sushi is best in the market and it is available in different models and features. But ensure that you go through the features & buyer guides above to make the best decision. You can check out other blogs on Sprout and Press site, such as Best Korean Rice Cooker & Best Mini Rice Cooker so that you can make the best decision and buy the best product.
Kritika has been writing content & blogs for more than 4 years now. Her years of experience taught her how to balance facts with the right blend of emotions to strike a chord with readers. Her strength is writing original content with the right personal touch. She usually explores in various niches, but specifically, she is passionate about writing on Kitchen Gadgets, Appliances, Travel and Food.