Rice cookers are a great way to cook rice perfectly and in a short time. Unlike the usual method, a mini electric rice cooker has a timer, so you don’t have to monitor the rice every single second. Not to mention the space it saves on your countertop! These machines are great for small families and dorm rooms because of their compact sizes. The mini cooker, which is also an electric cooker, comes with instructions that help you get the right texture for your rice, and not overcook it in water. This article will help you through the essential factors to consider while purchasing the best mini rice cooker for your kitchen. When your rice is cooked to perfection, it does not stick to the utensil and becomes easier to clean and reuse. You can also check out the Breville BOV800XL – The Smart Oven by Breville and improve your kitchen appliances even further.
- 1 Cooking Rice Correctly Using A Mini Rice Cooker
- 2 List of Top Mini Rice Cookers You Need to Consider – Summary
- 3 The 6 Best Mini Rice Cookers Experts Are Recommending
- 3.1 1) AmazonBasics Multi-Functional Rice Cooker
- 3.2 2) WHITE TIGER Portable Mini Rice Cooker with Digital Display
- 3.3 3) Instant Zest Rice Cooker, Steamer, Cooks Rice
- 3.4 4) Hamilton Beach 25502 Oatmeal and Rice Cooker
- 3.5 5) DCIGNA 1.2L Mini Rice Cooker
- 3.6 6) Aroma Housewares Digital Cool-Touch Mini Rice Cooker
- 4 Buyer’s Guide to Choose the Best Mini Cooker for Rice
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Cooking Rice Correctly Using A Mini Rice Cooker
There are different methods to cook rice, some people prefer an open vessel with more water, and some with a cooker that keeps the pressure within. Also, the mini cooker is the only appliance that can cook rice using a ratio of 1:1 between water and rice. The device is specially designed to ensure your rice is not overcooked and that there is no wastage of water. Additionally, the product keeps your rice hot and works well for similar products like oats and quinoa.
List of Top Mini Rice Cookers You Need to Consider – Summary
Take a look at this quick list of the best mini rice cookers and make sure you read on for the complete description below:
1) AmazonBasics Multi-Functional Rice Cooker – As far as brands go, Amazon is taking over the kitchen appliance category. With this cooker, they are going all the way to get the best out there!
2) WHITE TIGER Portable Mini Rice Cooker with Digital Display – With a nonstick coating and a beautiful digital display, the white tiger portable cooker is easy to use and extremely durable.
3) Instant Zest Rice Cooker – From cooking oats to rice, this cooker gets you the perfect texture every time! It doesn’t get easier than this.
4) Hamilton Beach 25502 Oatmeal and Rice Cooker – Hamilton hits the spot with this portable rice cooker that can get you a fresh batch of cooked rice, on the go!
5) DCIGNA 1.2L Mini Rice Cooker – It’s more than an electric cooker – it’s a lunch a box! This compact wonder is perfect for smaller families and dorms.
6) Aroma Housewares Digital Cool-Touch Mini Rice Cooker – With a 4.2-star review and taking barely any space in your kitchen, this could just be the best mini rice cooker for every occasion and especially your kitchen.
The 6 Best Mini Rice Cookers Experts Are Recommending
Numerous appliances can help you improve your experience in the kitchen. They help speed up the cooking and cleaning process and put you in a healthier lifestyle. Here, the best mini rice cooker can help you, especially on those nights where time is not on your side. Moreover, they are also easy to clean, so you save a lot of time there. If you want to explore more appliances that can help you with a healthy lifestyle, check our list of the best juicers for leafy greens. Read on for more information on our top recommendation for the best mini rice cookers.
1) AmazonBasics Multi-Functional Rice Cooker
Amazon is taking over kitchen appliances with devices that seem to meet the mark but do so with ease and perfection. Being on our list of the best mini rice cooker, the AmazonBasics cooker is straightforward to use. We added about five and a half cups of rice and used the 24-hour preset timer with the same water ratio. Moreover, after noticing that there was no water wastage and no rice stuck to the aluminum inside, we could not help but add it to the list. Additionally, there is an option to simply keep the rice warm if you are not eating immediately. Furthermore, don’t miss the LED light display in the front and the wonderful pre-cook settings.
What we liked:
- Stylish look with Digital LED display
- Nonstick aluminum pot
- Preset timers and auto-warming function
- Very convenient and saves time to prepare rice
- Compact; can be stored in a cabinet when not in use
- The device comes with a measuring cup and a scoop. It’s also easy to carry when traveling.
2) WHITE TIGER Portable Mini Rice Cooker with Digital Display
White Tiger brings you an intelligent device that uses a smart function to cook rice. There is a 24-hour reserved insulation function, and when we used it, we realized just how intelligent this device could be. You don’t have to keep monitoring this cooker. With the presets, it’s easy to get that perfect, fluffy rice, ready to be eaten. It takes about 15-20 minutes, which is rather quick, and you can even make porridge or quinoa in this device. Also, note the nonstick pan that makes cleaning the device so much easier. What we loved the most is the anti-slip mat at the bottom, which keeps the device and you safe.
Check out our list of the best dishwashers for low water pressure.
What we liked:
- The handle on the top doesn’t let you burn your hands
- Compact and easy to carry along for picnics
- Quick-cooking and presets for different kinds of food
- Easy to clean; nonstick pan
- LED display and multi-function settings
- The electric cooker comes with a measuring cup, rice scoop, steam basket, and you can contact customer service 24 hours a day.
3) Instant Zest Rice Cooker, Steamer, Cooks Rice
Your search for fluffy rice ends with the Instant Zet rice cooker. We put this device on our list of the best mini rice cooker because of how easy it is to use and because the rice was simply perfect. They call it a smart cooker with it’s four smart programs and presets. But here’s where it gets better – you can also cook fish, vegetables, meat and so much more! It makes up to 8 cups of any kind of food and works quickly. The nonstick interior will make you wonder if giving up the induction is an option. Convenience is key when considering this device, and we felt it hit all the points needed, with ease. Lastly, the overheating protection made it worth the money.
What we liked:
- Stainless steel, Nonstick interior
- Saves time with presets for cooking rice
- Multi-function for quinoa, brown rice, and other foods
- Delay start and warm function
- Protection from overheating
- The device is compact, so you can take it with you wherever you go. Additionally, you can try out the smart program settings to prepare more dishes for you and your family.
4) Hamilton Beach 25502 Oatmeal and Rice Cooker
It’s compact, simple, and looked simply stunning in the kitchen. Hamilton never fails to produce an appliance that meets all the requirements for a ‘modern’ kitchen and eases your lifestyle when it comes to cooking. You can make up to three cups of foods, including rice, oats, and more. Additionally, there is a pre-programmed setting to get you fluffy rice cooked perfectly. What’s more? It’s so small; you can take it with you on outings and even work without being monitored. The sleek design works well in any kitchen environment and is a great way to quickly get breakfast on the table. Make sure you check out our list of the best blenders for protein shakes.
What we liked:
- Dishwasher safe device
- Portable and secure with a locking lid
- Automatic shut off and timer
- Cold wrap
- Can be used to prepare many types of dishes
- Saves time and works hassle-free
- Hamilton’s best mini rice cooker allows you to explore culinary arts and create dishes ranging from dumplings to brown rice. Try making banana chocolate chip cookies in the device; you’ll be surprised.
5) DCIGNA 1.2L Mini Rice Cooker
If you are looking for a mini rice cooker on a budget and need to get food out for 1-2 people. The DCIGNA is a cooking pot your kitchen needs. You can cook rice, quinoa, pasta and so much more with this mini cooker, and save so much time! Don’t worry about the food going cold after it’s made. The device has a wonderful function to keep it warm and not to overheat the ingredients. You can also take it along wherever you go, and if you find yourself in a pickle, just call up the customer service available 24 hours a day. The bonus is the 30-day manufacturing warranty so that you can use the device with ease. Take a look at our list of the best quiet blenders available online and start upgrading your kitchen today.
What we liked:
- Cooks rice in about 20 – 30 minutes
- Compact and very light to carry
- One-touch function, used for a wide range of foods
- Easy cleaning over the lid
- Automatically shifts to warm function after cooking
- 24-hour customer support
- We loved how we could make different kinds of foods ranging from rice to meat and have a clean device at the end (easy to clean)
6) Aroma Housewares Digital Cool-Touch Mini Rice Cooker
What are the basic functions you need to look for in a rice cooker? Getting the rice cooked perfectly, automatic shut-off, cooking other foods, no water wastage, and the speed of cooking the rice. Aroma’s best mini rice cooker meets all these requirements and looks incredible. The budget-friendly appliance is on our list because of its simple use and the wonderful nonstick feature within the device. It is dishwasher safe and keeps rice warm after use. What impressed us was how you could make desserts in the pot and set timers for vegetables and meat.
What we liked:
- Cooks 2-3 cups of rice in one session
- Nonstick inner pot, easy to clean
- Extremely budget-friendly
- One-touch design
- Multi-function for rice, quinoa, vegetable, and cooking meat
- Light and portable
- Expect a measuring cup and scoop along with the device. If you are thinking of starting a healthy lifestyle without cooking food in too much water, start with this product.
Buyer’s Guide to Choose the Best Mini Cooker for Rice
Mini cookers get fluffy rice out in a matter of minutes. That said and done, other factors can separate the best products online from cheaper alternatives. Here’s our list of factors that make our list of the best mini cooker for rice:
- Capacity: If your rice cooker does not produce at least 2 cups of rice, which would efficiently serve two people, the mini rice cooker is clearly too small to handle the task.
- Water ratio: Mini cookers work quickly and keep the water from escaping too soon. Make sure your mini stove works with a 1:1 rate for rice and water.
- Multi-function: To save time, pick a device that can do more than just cook rice. The best mini cooker for rice is a device that can cook vegetables and meat as well. This gives you more bang for your buck.
- Price: Consider the cost of your device as paying too much for too little ruins your investment. The products listed above cover all the vital requirements of a mini rice cooker and so much more, all at a budget.
- Ease of use: One button functions save you time. Choose a device that does not require complex operations to handle and can be cleaned easily after use. This way, you can prepare more than one dish quickly and clean out the device with ease.
1) Can I cook vegetables in the mini rice cooker right after cooking rice?
A) We suggest rinsing out the device before preparing a new dish. This way, the flavor and taste of the previous dish do not stay inside the machine. You won’t have a problem as cleaning these cookers is easy.
2) Are mini rice cookers better, or is a larger cooker better?
A) Purchasing this device is an investment and should be bought as per your requirement. If you have a large family or requirement, the more significant option is always better. However, if you are cooking for 2-3 people, the best mini cooker for rice is your best option.
3) How do I clean the mini cooker for rice?
A) Clean the machine the same way you would any other utensil. It is a nonstick pot that works with electricity, so make sure you dry it out before it’s next use. Additionally, you can use a dishwasher to clean out the product. Take a look at our list of the best commercial dishwashers for home use.
The best mini rice cooker available on the market can ease your time spent in the kitchen. For working professionals, these devices are a real boon and help you spend time on your work, rather than monitoring the machine in the kitchen. Additionally, you choose from our list above, and you’ll see how much simpler life can be. Sprout and Press have worked on easing life in the kitchen and at home, ensuring you are always up to date and informed on new healthy practices and appliances for your everyday life. Lastly, check out the health benefits of juice on the skin and your body, and begin your healthy journey.
Austyn Goveas is a fitness fanatic and a diet specialist with over 7 years of experience in physique transformations. His knowledge of nutritional facts has made him take to the web, sharing tips to help you improve your lifestyle. He enjoys writing about the newest kitchenware and letting his audience understand the products used in the kitchen, the latest appliances and gadgets, to add more convenient ways to juice, create smoothies, and do so much more.