Top 10 Best Blender For Acai Bowls – Buyer’s Guide and Reviews
If you are a health freak, then you might be no stranger to Acai Bowls. The nutritious and delicious bowl of goodness can be made in the comfort of your home by using the best blender for acai bowls. You can use your recipes and create various combinations of energizing breakfast bowls. All you need to do is understand which blender would suit your requirements, and we can help. You will need a mixer with a strong motor to churn down those hard ingredients and one that is easy to clean after use. Read on to find out more about our top 10 recommended blenders for acai bowls.
What Are Acai Bowls?
The Acai (Pronounced Ah-sigh-EE) berry finds it’s origin in the rain forests of South America. It looks like a grape or a blueberry, but it is 80% seed. However, the remaining 20% is extremely nutritional and provides numerous health benefits to the consumer. They are used in beauty products and are on top of the list of foods to have while losing weight. The Acai bowl is made of the Acai fruit that is blended into a smoothie or a thick sorbet and served in a bowl. As time passed, dietitians have recommended adding more fruits, nuts and other ingredients to push the nutritional value of the dish. However, if you are a fitness enthusiast looking for a blender that can mix a protein shake with more ingredients, including the acai, take a look at our recommended blenders for protein shakes.
Acai bowls are a growing trend in the world of fitness. Essentially, they are large bowls of smoothies and sorbets filled with nuts, dry fruits and berries as toppings. Though they look like ice cream or yogurt, they are a much more healthier option. They are a very healthy breakfast and delicious too. People often use them as post-workout refreshers to get the most amount of nutrients in their daily food intake. You can add ice to make it thicker and different ingredients to prepare your signature acai bowl. Granola, seeds and fresh fruits are the main ingredients, all blended to make your frozen acai bowl. If you are on a diet and looking to beat your sweet tooth needs, the acai bowl is your go to dessert for guilt-free eating.
Acai bowls vs. Smoothies vs. Juices
Acai Bowls are much more nutritious compared to smoothies and juices. Smoothies are a boost in the morning after a workout and are composed of leafy greens, nuts, vegetables, and fruits. Juices are not as thick and contain less pulp compared to the two. However, the unfiltered, purely blended version of your ingredients can be eaten with oats and are more like sorbets. They are always cold, and you need a good blender to get the right consistency. Here’s our list of top mixers available in the market.
Best Blender For Acai Bowls – Top Picks
1) Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender, Professional-Grade – With ten variable speeds, you can be assured of getting the right texture for your blend.
2) Vitamix Explorian Blender, Professional-Grade, 64 oz. – The larger version for those who want to get more out of every blend.
3) Blendtec Classic 575 Blender - WildSide+ Jar (90 oz) – Blendtec brings you 80% thicker and robust blades to get your ingredients turned into a sorbet, quick and easy.
4) JAWZ High-Performance Blender - Precision Touch Variable Speed - Professional Grade Countertop Blender – A high-performance blender suitable for more, the perfect kitchen companion.
5) Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770) Blender – The 72 Oz jar gets you a thick, creamy acai bowl ready in just 30 seconds.
Best Blender For Acai Bowls and Other Functions
6) Amaste 1200W Cold and Hot Professional Countertop Blender – With nine preset functions, you can either get a nice acai bowl ready or even soup if needed.
7) Hamilton Beach Commercial HBB250R Rio Bar Blender – The Hamilton Beach Blender takes on teh hardest ingredients and gives you a delicious result in the end.
8) NutriBullet 1000 Watt PRIME Edition – Nutribullets 1000 watt power is a force to be reckoned with. Enjoy your blend in seconds with this machine.
9) NutriBullet ZNBF30500Z Blender – The 64 oz blender comes with three precision speeds for any blend you desire.
10) NutriChef NCBLSM150 Digital Electric Countertop Heating Blender – A powerful yet easy to use a blender that gets you a delicious bowl of goodness in seconds.
Top 10 Best Blender For Acai Bowls
1) Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender
The Vitamix E310 Comes with ten variable speeds, which bring it to the top of our list. You can get the precise texture you require and prepare the smoothes sorbets for your acai bowl. You can also hit the pulse option of the blender for chunky items and thicker soups. The large 48-Oz jar is perfect for blending large quantities for the entire family. It also comes with a Thermal protection system for the whole of the jar. The stainless steel blades can get through the toughest ingredients and get your professional results. You can also self-clean the product by adding soap and water after your blend. The product comes with a 5-year warranty, covering all parts of the product.
- 10 Variable Speeds
- Large 48 Ounce Jar
- Inbuilt Thermal Protection System
- Add warm water and soap, blend for 30 seconds to self-clean
- The machine comes with a cookbook
Precautions: Clean the jar after every session.
2) Vitamix Explorian Blender, Professional-Grade, 64 oz. – Best Blender For Acai Bowls
For a smooth blend, the Vitamix Explorian Blender comes with ten variable speeds and works wonders with acai bowl ingredients. The device cuts through even the hardest ingredients and retains the nutritional value in the jar itself. You will end up with a thick, delicious, fruit sorbet and a jar that cleans itself. All you need to do is add warm water and soap into the jar after use. Blend for 30 seconds, and the device is clean once again. The 64 Oz container is large enough for the entire family and comes with hardened stainless steel, aircraft-grade, blades, giving you quality results. The product comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Large 64 Oz Jar
- 3-year warranty
- Comes with a cookbook
- Ten variable speeds for the perfect blend
Precautions: Make sure you attach the lid before turning on the blender.
3) Blendtec Class3ic 575 Blender
With the touch of a finger, the Blendtec can turn your ingredients into a delicious sorbet for your early morning acai bowl. The four pre-programmed cycles and pulse option allow you to control the texture of your blend. Additionally, you can use the five manual controls for adding a personal touch to your blend. The Large LCD shows you the details of your blend cycle. Because of the large body, you save time from chopping down your ingredients to size. The patented blades are 80% thicker and work ten times better than other blenders. Once done, you can throw in some warm water and soap, blend for 30 seconds, and your blender is clean as before. The massive 90 Oz jar can have you preparing smoothies for the whole neighborhood.
- Unique Blades, 80% thicker than ordinary blades and ten times more powerful
- Comes with a 90 Oz jar and vented gripper lid
- Self-cleaning with a little soap and warm water
- Larger opening and powerful blades do not require the ingredients to be chopped
- Five manual controlled speeds for personal blending
Precautions: Do not overload the blender beyond the limit.
4) JAWZ High-Performance Blender – Precision Touch Variable Speed – Professional Grade Countertop Blender
The Jaws High-Performance Blender is a premium machine with 3.5 peak horsepower and can create the perfect smoothy is seconds. You can blend in fruits, vegetables and harder ingredients like nuts, easily. You can choose between any of the 10-speed settings or select the pulse function for perfect blending. Besides this, the device is easy to clean and very easy to use. You can easily crush ice and get more output with the large 64 Oz Tritan Blending jar. If you enjoy an acai bowl every morning after a workout or just to keep fit, this is the machine for you.
- A powerful device for blending hard ingredients
- Has a pulse function
- Ten-speed settings
- Durable, Reliable and easy to clean
- 64 OZ Jar
Precautions: Seal in the lid before blending to avoid an accident
5) Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770) Blender
With a 72 Oz Total Crushing Pitcher, the Ninja Mega Kitchen System crushes ice in seconds and produces your frozen output in seconds. The machine runs on two horsepower, and the eight-cup food processor bowl provides the best texture for your acai bowl. The jar is so large; you can even take upto 2 pounds of dough in 30 seconds. The machine comes with two cups of 16 ounces each and allows you to carry your drink with you on the move. The device is dishwasher safe and has BPA free parts, including the 1500 Watt base. Additionally, the device comes with a 30-recipe guide.
- 72 Oz Jar
- 8-Cup food processor bowl
- BPA free machine
- Comes with two 16-oz cups that you can take when you are on the go.
Precautions: When using the cups, make sure the lid is sealed tightly to avoid spillage.
6) Amaste 1200W Cold and Hot Professional Countertop Blender
The total crushing technology of the Amaste Blender uses a combination of high-speed blades and micro-filtration. This leaves you with a beautiful acai bowl sorbet with very little change in the nutritional value of the ingredients. The eight hardened stainless steel blades can handle any frozen fruit or vegetable and ice. You can also turn nuts into nut milk and blend the soup in this machine. Your purchase will include a cookbook that you can utilize for amazing healthy food. The jar is a non-stick, durable 6-layer glass that has 1/4 inch thickness. It can resist high temperatures and does not release any plastic. The 64 Oz jar is large enough to produce acai bowls for the whole family. Moreover, the machine is under a 1-year free replacement warranty and is very safe.
- Eight hardened stainless steel blades for blending harder ingredients
- Works at 1200Watts
- Comes with a healthy cookbook
- 64 Oz Large, Non-stick jar
- 1-year replacement warranty
Precautions: The machine is not dishwasher safe. Add warm water and soap, blend for 30 seconds after every session to keep the device clean.
7) Hamilton Beach Commercial HBB250R Rio Bar Blender
Hamilton is a trusted brand by millions and is known for its reliable blending power. The machine churns up icy drinks like margaritas and daiquiris, or any other mixed drinks in an instant. Even for those who want a healthy acai bowl every morning, the blender can give you a smooth blend in seconds. Just throw in your ingredients and hit the two-toggle switch to create your perfect blend. The design of the jar is unique. It pushes all the ingredients back down to the blades and makes sure there are no chunks in your glass. You can use this machine at home or have it at a bar, the blender is a professional machine. The jar is 44oz and is break-resistant. You also receive 2-year parts and labor warranty with your purchase. If you are looking for a simple yet efficient blender, this is your best choice.
- 3/4 peak horsepower
- 2-toggle switch
- The unique jar design leaves no chunks in your glass
- 2-year parts and labour warranty
- Simple, easy to use
Precautions: Seal the lid tight before blending
8) NutriBullet 1000 Watt PRIME Edition
Nutribullet works with 1000Watts, and the powerful blender works effortlessly turning your ingredients into a delicious acai bowl. It produces the perfect texture for your smoothies and breakfast bowls, using its high torque motor. Additionally, the device shuts off automatically after optimum nutrient extraction. The machine is simple to clean and is dishwasher safe. With a 28oz insulated stainless steel cup and vessel grip, you can enjoy a delicious acai bowl at any time. The purchase includes a recipe book and two top flip lids. You can keep your shake cold for upto 8 hours. Adding more nuts to your acai bowl just became a lot easier as the blender can take down any hard ingredients you add into your blend.
- Automatic shut-off
- Works with 1000W powerful motor
- Dishwasher safe, easy to clean
- Comes with two flip-top lids, recipe books and manual
- Keeps your drink cold for upto 8 hours
Precautions: Make sure you clean the machine after every use.
9) NutriBullet ZNBF30500Z Blender
Nutribullet combines next level extraction and modern designs to bring you the ZNBF blender. The machine is very versatile and comes with a multi-serving pitcher and single-serve cup. With three precision speeds, the machine blends your ingredients as you require and also has a pulse function that you can use as per your requirement. Using 1200W you can mix in even hard ingredients and make nut butter and smoothies. The device comes with a 64,32 and 24 Oz jars and includes a recipe book with your purchase. The jar is BPA-free and is made of high-performance plastic. To clean the device, just add warm water and soap, blend for 30 seconds and voila! – Your blender is clean. Lastly, the machine comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Comes with a multi-serving pitcher and single-serve cup
- The device has a pulse function and three precision speeds
- 64Oz jar, 32 Oz cup and 24Oz jar included in the purchase
- Hassle-free cleaning
- 1-year limited warranty
Precautions: Make sure you clean the jar after every blend, immediately. This will not ruin the taste of your next blend.
10) NutriChef NCBLSM150 Digital Electric Countertop Heating Blender
The last model on our list of Best Blender For Acai Bowls, The NutriChef Countertop blender, is a multi-functional blender with versatile food processing ability. You can either prepare a delicious acai bowl or make soups, juices or smoothies. You can adjust the blending properties using the 9-speed controls and use the 90-120°F temperature settings. The motor is 1000W and works upto 99 minutes. It is durable, reliable and safe to be placed on the kitchen counter. The jar capacity is 1.75Liters and made of BPA free materials. The device is easy to clean and very easy to use. The machine has a Digital LCD to select and view your blend modes. Furthermore, the device has a pulse function. The stainless steel blades are part of the 360-degree cylindrical impact which gives you maximum nutrient extraction. It also comes with a blade cover, recipe book and removable lid cap.
- Multi-function – Makes soups, smoothies, juices and acai bowls
- 9-speed settings
- 1000 W motor that works for upto 99 minutes
- 1.75 Liter, BPA-free jar
- Easy to clean and use
- Has a Digital LCD screen to select your mode.
Precautions: Make sure the cap is placed on correctly before blending.
Making an Acai Bowl requires a quality blender with amazing blending abilities. Here’s what you need to make sure your mixer has:
Acai Bowls are thicker than juices, and the ingredients need a powerful blender to churn through the ice and hard ingredients. Make sure your device has the crushing ability to deliver the perfect texture for your acai bowl.
If you are blending for your entire family, you need to make sure your device has a large jar that can hold atleast 48Oz. This saves you time in case you need to make the second round of acai bows for more people. The Best Blender For Acai Bowls usually has a jar over 50 Oz.
Other Properties For choosing the Best Blender For Acai Bowls:
The Right Price:
Make sure you do not overspend on your blender. It is an excellent investment, and you can do a lot more with a mixer like make baby food, ground dough, and so on. Make sure you get your money’s worth.
When your device comes with a Warranty, you immediately know you can trust the brand. The warranty lets you use the tool freely without worrying about it falling apart soon. Always look for a warranty or refund policy when making your purchase.
1) Is an expensive Blender A good investment?
A) If you purchase an expensive blender, make sure it has all the required amenities such as a warranty and brand value. When you invest in a good blender that is slightly expensive, you will be getting a reliable machine that lasts longer than ordinary ones. Our list above consists of the Best Blender For Acai Bowls available in the market, and they are proven to last.
2) What is the best way to clean the blender?
A) Though many blenders are dishwasher safe, it is always better to add a little warm water and soap into the blender and blend for 20 seconds. This will release any of the residues from your last blending session and keep your blender free from corrosion.
3) How Do I make my Acai Bowl Thicker?
A) The thickness of your acai bowl depends upon the ingredients you add to it. As it is a dish best served cold, you can also add ice to make your sorbet thicker for consumption. We recommend making it thicker with more nutritional products such as berries and yogurt.
Choose a blender from a good brand. Always make sure you meet the requirements, such as warranty and blending power. Poor quality will affect the drink your make and not provide the necessary nutritional benefit you should get from your ingredients, which is why you need the Best Blender For Acai Bowls. An easy to use the device will be very convenient and easy to clean after every use. Choose from our list of the best blender for acai bowls, above, and start your journey to a fit lifestyle.
- 10 Best Kale Juicers: Buyer’s Guide
- Best Juicers Under $100: Buyers Guide [Updated]
- Best Commercial Juicer for Leafy Greens – Top 10 Picks [Updated]
Isabelle Johnson is a fitness expert and yoga trainer with over 12 years of experience as a dietician. Her knowledge of nutritional facts has made her take to the web with her blog, Sprout and Press.
Isabelle lets her audience understand products used in the kitchen, which can improve your diet, add more convenient ways to juice, create smoothies, and do so much more. Her blog informs readers about the newest kitchenware and the benefits each ingredient brings to the table. In 2016, sproutandpress.com was founded to share her knowledge with the world and inspire a better, healthier tomorrow.