There are tons of recipes that you can’t imagine without ground meat. Where do you think that savory flavor in your favorite meatballs comes from? Ground meat.. Of course!! Whether you are in a mood for some pretty lengthy recipes like lasagna bolognese or just want to devour quick meal options like meatballs or beef burgers, ground meat is something that just can’t be skipped from the recipe. And I can already assume your mouth watering… so let’s move further to the question – Why do you need a food processor for grinding meat?
Why Do You Need A Food Processor For Grinding Meat?
So, you can have meatballs every day, that’s how much you love them. For starter steps, you just need to get a butcher’s knife and a thick wooden block and…. chop, chop, chop, and chop, till you finally reach the desired consistency (and sore arm muscles). Or, you can go with the easy option – a food processor that grinds as quickly and as fine as you want. Simple!
A meat grinding food processor will allow you the exact precision and consistency that you are looking for. This will also save a lot of time while preparing lengthy dishes. All the parts are dishwasher safe (check out my reviews on some amazing dishwashers on our website) and you can use it as frequently as you want to create amazing recipes of your choice. After some research on performance and consumer reviews, here in this post, I have reviewed the 8 best food processors for grinding meat.
8 Best Food Processor For Grinding Meat Quick Overview
1. Hamilton Beach 10-Cup Food Processor with Bowl Scraper – With 450 W motor, multipurpose slide, and shred disc, and 10 cup capacity, this product possesses all the likable features.
2. Mini Food Chopper LINKChef – The robust stainless steel body including the steel bowl and the 3-year warranty in an affordable price.
3. Cuisinart DLC-10SYP1 Food Processor, 7 Cup – Large pusher chute is the attractive part about this one. There are two-speed settings and a 7 cup capacity, plus a 5-year motor warranty.
4. HomeleaderElectric Food Chopper, 5-Cup Food Processor – This has a 5 cup capacity and glass bowl, suitable for a small family.
5. Homgeek Meat Grinder, Food Chopper Processor with 5 Cups – This features a bi-level blade and a 1.2 L capacity glass bowl. The price of this one is quite affordable.
6. Homeasy Meat Grinder, Food Chopper 2L – This food processor has a 2 L capacity stainless steel bowl and a 350 W motor.
7. Elechomes Electric Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper – This food processor has an impressive 8 cup capacity glass bowl and a 300 W motor.
8. MOSAIC Mini Food Chopper – The motor power (400 W) of this one is quite impressive given the size. Plus, this features a titanium coated blade.
8 Best Food Processor For Grinding Meat Detailed Review
- Bowl scraper attachment: Special attachment scrapes the sides of the bowl to keep ingredients close to the blades for more even results and to save you time...
- 10 cup capacity: The generous 10 cup bowl can handle large volumes of foods without having to stop to empty it
- Large feed chute: Can fit large foods like a whole block of cheese for quick, easy processing and less prep time
- Versatility of a food processor, food chopper and vegetable chopper: Reversible stainless steel disc slices and shreds, while the stainless steel s-blade chops,...
- 2 speeds plus pulse and 450 watts of power: Food processor's low and high speeds plus pulse gives you the control you need for a variety of recipes
This amazing food processor is solid in terms of performance. The 450 watts motor is one of the best attributes that differentiate it from others in the market that generally allow 300 wattage motor. The jar has a 10 cup bowl capacity which means that you can invite guests over and can grind meat in one go, avoiding the hassle of grinding in batches. It also features a reversible disc that best servers your grinding needs. In the otherwise scenario, where the blade would leave bigger chunks to be ground again, this uses a stainless steel blade for precision grinding. The reversible blade has alternate sides for your slicing and shredding needs, thus making this one a multi-tasker.
Other than that, there a large feed chute that can fit large and whole items, like a whole big chunk of meat. This is a versatile food processor that can also be used as a shredder, chopper, slicer. The two-speed settings and a pulse allow you to adjust the puree consistency as you like it. Moreover, it has got a bowl scraper that can scrape the sides while in the operation. The brand has been in the market for a hundred years now and has been catering to your every day kitchen needs. You can make a wide range of recipes with this one plus, it doesn’t take much of your counter space.
- 450 W power motor
- Bowl scraper attachment
- 2 blades
- Reversible blade for multipurpose
- Pulse and speed settings for control
- 10 cup bowl capacity
- BPA free
- Dishwasher Safe
- Compact design
- Stainless Steel Blade
- Chops and purees
- Although the bowl has a 10 cup capacity yet overfilling it might lead to spills.
The part that I love the most besides the motor power is the scrape bowl. It can of course get messy while scraping the meat from the sides using the spatula and this machine has eliminated the need for a spatula due to the scrape bowl innovation.
- ✔ Fast and Versatility: Powerful 250w motor allows you chopping, blending, pureeing, mixing and mincing a variety of ingredients quickly.
- ✔ Safe Performance: Quick creations are made easy with multiple applications e.g. chop meat, onions, slice salad veggies, shred cabbages and blend frozen...
- ✔ Precise Control: Pulsing button for ultimate control provide precise control to produce perfect texture of your ingredients - ideal for anything such as...
- ✔ Easy to Clean and Store: resist to scratch and corrosion; compact and lightweight, perfect size for everyday use in the kitchen, dishwasher-safe work bowl,...
- ✔ What You Get: LINKChef mini chopper main body/power pod, 4 bi-level blades, stainless steel bowl, BPA free transparent lid, anti-slip rubber mat, user...
This product from LINKChef is a mini food processor having a 1.2 l food capacity, perfect for a family of 2-3. This food processor has a stainless steel body that is the highlighting virtue of the product. This can be used to perfectly chop veggies and mince meat. This mini appliance takes hardly any of your counter space and you can use this for quick recipes.
The 6-inch wide steel bowl has a 500 ml capacity, suitable for larger bits of meat. The product has a 250 W motor that is sufficient for limited capacity mincing needs. The best part about this mini food processor is the two-deck blades- one on the top and the other at the bottom. This ensures that your meat has a consistent grinding throughout the process and no disappointing chunks are left. Other than meat you can also use this food processor for shredding cabbage, onions, carrots, etc. Operating this one is quite easy. There’s a pulsing button at the top that you can press and grind.
- Unique Design
- 2 blades for fine grinding
- Steel Bowl
- Suitable for a variety of chopping needs
- Robust build
- Anti-slip rubber at bottom to prevent slipping
- Dishwasher safe
- Ideal for a small family
- Although the product is easy to detach and clean, two blades might make lead to cuts.
This is a mini food chopper that means that it obviously is obviously suitable for small families. The innovative two-blade for fine grind and steel bowl is what differentiates the product from its counterparts.
- Includes medium slicing disc (4mm), shredding disc, and new stainless steel chopping blade
- Also includes small and large pushers, detachable disc stem, compact flat cover, spatula, and recipe book
- Extra-large feed tube holds whole fruits and vegetables; BPA-free and dishwasher-safe parts
- Powerful enough to knead bread dough with ease; Easy to use and clean
- Five-year full motor warranty, three-year limited entire unit warranty.MC Cubic Feet: 2.04
This product is another multi-tasker in the list but the special part about it is kneading. Cuisinart food processor has been in the market since 1973. The Pro Classic 7-cup Food Processor makes all of your favorites, from stir-fries and main course salads to peanut butter and homemade bread. The size of the food processor is average as will take a reasonable amount of space on your countertop. The 7 cup capacity of the unit can serve up to a family for 3-4 people.
You can use this for shredding, chopping, puree, kneading, and other multiple functions. The large feed tube can be used for pushing whole foods for slicing and shredding, thus avoiding any need for cutting. You can use this processor at every level of the recipe. The product has a 600W heavy-duty motor, perfect for kneading and beef mincing. There are separate stainless steel discs- normal and small size, for shredding and slicing and a normal blade is for chopping, mixing, and dough kneading. The flat surface at the bottom has a single paddle control for on, off, and pulse options.
- 600 W power motor
- 7 cups capacity
- Food pushers
- Large and small slicing discs
- Large feed tube
- Large dough kneading blade
- Single paddle control
- Quiet in performance
- BPA free
- Dishwasher safe
- 5-year motor power
- Detachable disc stem
- Cover, spatula, and recipe book included
- Price is comparatively higher than the counterparts
The powerful motor, the separate slicing discs, and the 600 W motor makes it an attractive buy.
- TIME SAVER: much faster than cutting by hand; chop onions, slice salad ingredients, meats, mix sauces or puree soups, etc in seconds.
- SHARP STAINLESS STEEL BLADES: 300W powerful motor, 4 stainless steel blades and 4D glass bowl design allows the upper and lower blades to chop food...
- SATISFY HOME NEED: 1.2L capacity for 1-4 persons-mashed potato for babies, milkshake for friends, dumpling filling for family party, etc.
- USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN: other than meat grinder, it only takes seconds to clean glass bowl and blades; non-slip rubber ring for stable operation; 2 easy and...
- CERTIFICATION & SERVICE: customer service to respond with 24 hours; ETL approved with 12 month replacement for all parts of the chopper.
This food processor is more of a mini food processor in terms of capacity. The design of this one is very compact and you can easily store it in one of your racks. The 1.2 l capacity of this one can serve a small family of 1-2 people. The distinctive feature of this food processor is the glass jar. The top and bottom blades on the jar ensure uniform and fine meat grinding. You can also use these stainless steel blades for uniform chopping purposes. There is a stable rubber ring at the bottom to avoid any slips while operating. The unit is ETL approved with 12 months replacement for all the parts.
The food processor can perform all the multipurpose functions like cutting, chopping, slicing, meat grinding, pureeing, etc in just a few seconds. The glass bowl adds to the trust in the material and is easy to clean. The using instructions of the food processor state that it should not be used for more than 30 seconds. The product comes with easy to pick up and operate handles on the sides and a silica gel sealing against splatters.
- Glass bowl
- 2 blade stem
- Easy to operate
- Suitable for bachelors
- ETL approved
- 12 months replacement warranty
- Easy to handle design
- 300 W motor
- Not ideal for a medium-sized family
If you are looking for mincing meat in small quantities where you are only preparing meals for a couple of people, this product can be an ideal purchase.
- 【Versatile use】This BPA FREE mini food processor helps to chop, blending, pureeing, mixing, and mincing a variety of ingredients for the perfect texture...
- 【Time Saver】The 300W powered unique sharp stainless steel 4 Bi-Lever blades enable you to crush mince and puree with precision and ease. Just give the speed...
- 【2 Adjustable Speed】In addition to standard speed, you can choose a high-speed feature for harder content or larger volume. The transparent 1.2L glass bowl...
- 【Safety Insurance】Match the motor with a plum interface to lock the blade in right place before use. Thermal protection device makes meat processor safer...
- 【Easy to assemble】All removable parts easily by hand. And two easy and comfortable grips for portable movements. This food processor is compact and...
This is a mini chopper by Homegeek made of food-grade material. The product features bi-level blades that allow you precision over mincing. The glass bowl has a 1.2 l capacity that has an anti-slip rubber underneath for stable operations. The unit comes with two-speed settings. The product is BPA free and all parts are dishwasher safe. The compact design of the mini food processor hardly takes any of your counter space.
Coming to the design, the product is designed with the utmost portability and ease of handling. There are grips on either side of the glass bowl that allows portability. There are easy to push button settings on the top featuring two setting options for the hard and soft ingredients, each. There’s a plum interface on the bottom to lock the blade in place and the bi-level stainless steel sharp blade can grind and chop a variety of ingredients.
- Bi-level blades
- Glass bowl
- BPA free
- Two-speed options
- Easy to install
- Precision mincing
- Plum interface lock
- Anti-slip rubber underneath
- Handle on sides
- The large bi-level blade can sometimes be difficult to uninstall.
Everything feature on this product looks great, I would recommend it for the given functionality and price.
- ✔MULTI-FUNCTIONAL FOOD CHOPPER - This food grinder is equipped with 4 stainless steel blades and 2 modes to choose from. You can chop, grind various...
- ✔SHARP AND EFFICIENT - HOMEASY electric meat grinder comes with real power 350W, which is more efficient and fast. 4 stainless steel blades 4D design allows...
- ✔LARGE CAPACITY AND DURABILITY - HOMESAY mini chopper is equipped with a stainless steel bowl and 2L capacity. Compared with glass bowls, it is stronger,...
- ✔EASY TO CLEAN AND USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN - The unit can be disassembled and the accessories are easier to clean. The chopper comes with a non-slip mat, you can...
- ✔SECURITY - Our electric chopper is certified by GS, CE, CB, GS with strictest standard. If you have problems during use, do not hesitate to contact us by...
This food processor from Elecohomes features a steel bowl and an easy to handle design. The bowl has a 2l capacity. Most of the parts of this food processor are made of stainless steel. The quality of the material is durable and there’s a transparent lid on the top to see what’s happening inside. All the parts of the processor is made of stainless steel, including the blades. This food processor has a powerful 350 W motor.
The 4D design blades ensure that the meat is perfectly minced. The machine is multi-functional .i.e. it can chop, puree, slice, and mince a variety of ingredients other than meat. There are two-speed setting options on the top of the machine for smooth operations and precision mincing of meat. The buttons run on an easy press and stop mechanism.
- Steel bowl
- Two-speed settings
- 2 L capacity
- 4D design blade
- Stainless steel body
- Precision mixing
- Anti slip rubber underneath
- Transparent lid
- BPA free
- Durbile material
- You would need to put an average amount in the food processor to ensure no chunks in the puree.
The stainless steel body of the food processor is the best thing that I liked about it. All the other features are good and the product can make a good purchase.
- FREE YOUR HANDS: Say goodbye to sore wrists! Give our mother the best holiday gift. This electric food processor can grind meat, fruits, vegetables, onions,...
- SAFE & WORRY-FREE USE: Unique overheating protection function so that it will automatically stop working at high temperatures and be fully cooled. The 3-layer...
- PERFECT DETAIL DESIGN: There is a hidden safe lock located at the bottom of the motor and it needs to be installed correctly to work properly. 8-cup...
- EXCELLENT WORKING PERFORMANCE: The 300-watt pure copper motor drives double-layer removable stainless steel blades, forming a tornado-type cutting state. With...
- LONG DURABILITY& GOOD SERVICE: 304 stainless steel built-in interface makes it durable with stable maintenance and operation, making the service life 80% longer...
This food chopper from Elechomes has a 2 L bowl capacity and 300 W motor. This food processor can grind meat and can cater a variety of delicasies in quick few seconds. This food processor is very versatile and perform all your recipe needs including chopping, slicing, mincing, etc. The bowl is made of a glass and the sturdy design other than the bowl is made of stainless steel. The glass bowl is BPA free and all parts are dishwasher safe.
The bowl features 8 cups capacity, suitable for a small family. The glass has a rubber underneath to prevents any slips. The glass of this one is hard to crack because it is very thick. The blades feature a S shape for tornado style mincing. The top features one touch operations The USP of this food processor is, that it is too quiet while it operating.
- 2 L capacity
- Glass bowl
- Mute operations
- 8 cup bowl capacity
- BPA free thick glass
- Anti slip rubber
- One touch control
- Overheating protection
- The one touch pod looks attractive but the product lacks 2 speed settings.
Who doesnn’t love a quiet appliance, specially when you have some midnight cravings and you don’t want to wake up the rest of the family. So, this is the added advantage of this product.
- 👍 POWERFUL AND DURABLE - 400 W powerful motor and Titanium Coating Blades, make it possible to grind, chop in a blink. The knife set has been upgrade to make...
- 👍 FUNCTION FOOD PROCESSOR - Great for chopping, blending, pureeing, mixing and mincing a variety of ingredients quickly such as onions, garlic, hams and...
- 👍 TITANIUM COATING BLADES - 4 stainless steel blades with Titanium coating allows the upper and lower blades to chop food evenly, chop vegetables in 6s and...
- 👍 EASY TO USE AND STORAGE - Build with a safety function make it safer and user-friendly, press down to start and automatically reset. Also, the food chopper...
- 👍 DISHWASHER CLEANING SAFE - Easy to assemble, all removable parts clean up dishwasher safe or easily by hand. This processor is compact and lightweight for...
This versatile food processor from MOSAIC is multiporpose in it’s applications that can chop, mince, puree a variety of ingredients including nuts and ice cubes. The 400 W motor enables it to do so. The looks of this one is quite attractive. The processor features stainless steel design from top to bottom with a slight transparent window in the middle to actually see what’s happening inside. the capacity of the bowl is 1.25 litres of 5 cup, suitable for a family of 2.
The blade of this one is different than the others. There are 4 titanium coated blades for precision mincing. the food chopper has a distinctive cable storage function, you just need to wrap the wire around the motor part and fix the end of the wire to the bayonet of this chopper.All the parts are easy to dissemble and assemble and are dishwasher safe. This food processor is compact and lightweight for easy portability. The processor can be operated by press and release pod at the top.
- 400 W motor
- Easy press pod
- Titanium coating blade
- Stainless steel body
- 4 blades
- Dishwasher safe
- The food processor has less capacity than the comparable counterparts.
The quality oof this one from the stainless steel body to the titanium coated blades, looks quite impressive to me. The 400 W motor is something that I liked the best, considering the size of this one.
Buying Guide To The Best Food Processor For Grinding Meat?
Most food processors feature one speed setting and you can only operate the device in one continuous speed. I would recommend you to select a food processor that has two speed settings. This is because some of the coarse chunks might be difficult to mince and while making recipes that require finely minced meat, you may have to run the processor over and over again. To save yourself from all the disappointments, go for two speed settings for precision grinding.
A pulse setting will further add to an advantage, I would say.
The sharp blades are something that you definitely need in a food processor for mincing meat. Specially while preparing recipes that include beef, the stainless steel blades is a must. Some food processors have additional blades for slicing and shredding, that you can go for. For mincing meat, 4D blades is the most opted choice by the manufacturers and the consumers. Also, the blades shouldn’t end up being blunt too soon.
The wattage specifications are always stated on the products online and be very sure to check them ahead of the purchase. For tasks like mincing meat, shredding cheese, etc, go for an effective high wattage food processors that will make your task quick. The food processors with less wattage might heat up within seconds and this is not what you need.
Easy To clean
Easy to clean not only stand for uncomplicated edges or the material, it also means that all the dishwasher parts are easily detachable for washing them separately. Fine meat particles can end up being stuck on to the corners or the most of the unexpected places so make sure that you completely detach it from the stem and then wash. I would recommend to wash the slicers, blades, pushers, lids and bowls separately after detaching them.
Be careful with the razor sharp blades while detaching, to avoid getting any cuts. Also, in some cases, where the bowl is made of glass, be real careful in order to not break it. So, detach – put it in the dishwasher – easily attach again, is what you should be looking for.
Capacity of the food processor is more of a personal choice that you can make according to the requirements. In case of considering the appliance for mincing meat, questions like, how often would you eat it ; what quantity ; number of people to be fed ; etc, would answer your capacity related questions. The capacity options can range from 3 cups to 20 cups, and you can choose accordingly.
Why should I get a food processor?
Okay, to the the short answer to this is – Yes please. The longer narrative for your understanding goes – if you are a meat lover and you like to experiment different recipes or if your everyday recipes involve minced meat, go for it. Those sharp knives blades, the extra sweat and sore arms is not what you want when you can make your job simpler with a food processor.
What more can I do with a food processor for meat?
The food processor can be used for mincing meat firstly and can perform the other related functions too like – chopping, slicing, pureeing, shredding cabbage or cheese, and in some cases, knead. Even if you are a vegan, it will help (check out the best food processors for vegans) So, be, rest assured, your investment will redeem itself.
For preparing baby food, you can either go with a baby food processor (check out a complete guide that I wrote) or a food processor for mincing meat as well, depending upon your choice of recipes and requirements. In other cases, a blender for baby food( see how) can take care of that.
Is a meat processor dishwasher-safe?
Yes. Most of the food processors are dishwasher safe. Be it the stainless steel bowls or the delicate glass bowls, they can endure the heat of your dishwasher. Just don’t forget to detach the parts before throwing the processor into a dishwasher. By the way, you can check out my post for the best panel ready dishwashers.
What to look for in a good food processor for meat?
Of course you cannot get a tailor made product that can cater all your needs. But, I would suggest to go for a multipurpose food processor that performs the most of the tasks involved in the recipe. For all that you want is, ease out your tasks while cooking.
Another important consideration is the wattage, (look for a minimum 300 wattage), capacity and material.
How to grind meat in a food processor?
For this, check out the video below.
The bottom line is that you need a sturdy appliance for grinding meat, considering all aspects of the buying guide above. Going with the customer reviews and online popularity, my vote would go to Hamilton Beach 10-Cup Food Processor with Bowl Scraper for all the points it checks on the eligible food processor list. It’s the best food processor you can get in an affordable range, maybe you’d have to throw some extra dollars, but it’s totally worth it. Also, read a complete guide to the best food processor under $100 and the best food processor for making nut butter on this website.
Akanksha is a postgraduate in Commerce. She is a homemaker and is constantly looking for rational solutions that keeps it all easy-peasy around the kitchen. She believes in engaging with her readers through a personal touch while keeping up with their rationale to help them with better analysis and pro decisions. To every woman out there, homemaker or working, her shout out is – “You deserve it!!”.