If you are someone who absolutely loves baking, there is plenty of stuff that you need besides just baking skills. And, if you own an establishment where you need an oven throughout the day, it is better that you go for a commercial oven over a residential one. Here’s why –
Commercial vs Residential Ovens
Purchasing a commercial oven for your commercial kitchen may look like a pretty easy task at the start but trust me if you end up making a bad decision over the right type of equipment, you are going to regret your decision in the early stage of buying. For your commercial kitchen, a residential oven is a big “No” from me. Your residential oven is a great buy for your home, but not your commercial kitchen because it is –
1. Powerful – Your Commercial oven is more powerful when compared to your residential oven. It can withstand long working hours while your residential oven is good to use only once or twice a day and can’t bear the daily wear and tear as compared to your commercial oven. For sparing yourself from the constant replacement, it’s better to invest in a commercial oven right from the start.
2. Consistent – For large-scale cooking, you will require your oven to evenly perform keeping pace with a variety of menu options.
3. Efficient – Your commercial oven is more efficient when compared to a residential one. There is a variety of programmable settings that you are going to require in your commercial kitchen like – cook, roast, broil, bake, and in some cases, steam. You can cook large amounts of food in it. You can cook in several batches and with preset time and temperature settings, you can reduce the further standing time.
What are Commercial Convection Ovens?
A commercial convection oven has a fan, an exhaust, and a third heating element to cook food. The fan circulates hot air throughout the oven cavity, reducing hot and cool spots, to cook food evenly and the third heating element cooks food faster. The convection mode can be turned on and off to offer more versatility in your cooking. The convection crips the food from outside and juicy from inside.
Below, I have listed some of the best commercial ovens online to help you in your purchase for your next conventional oven.
Best Commercial Convection Oven for Baking
1. Oster French Convection Countertop and Toaster Oven – This oven has a french door, digital control panel and extra-large capacity
2. Luby Large Toaster Oven Countertop – This oven has a french door and easily accommodate a 20 lbs turkey.
3. KITMA 46L Countertop Convection Oven – This commercial toaster oven with steam injection knob and has 4 racks for professional cooking.
4. Gemelli Twin Oven, Professional Grade Convection Oven – This oven comes with a separate pizza drawer and a rotisserie rod.
5. Waring Commercial Convection Oven – This commercial oven is perfect for baking. It has 4 racks.
6. VBENLEM 110V Commercial Convection Oven – This smart oven has digital control panel, spray function, and 4 rack placement.
7. Elite Gourmet Double French Door Countertop Convection Toaster Oven – This oven has a rotisserie spit and fork assembly for even roasting.
Best Commercial Convection Oven for Baking
- Single door pull opens both doors with 1 hand ease and convenience
- Digital controls provide precise cooking time and temperature to take the guesswork out of cooking
- Turbo convection baking technology cooks faster and browns more evenly
- Two racks provide maximum cooking flexibility; This oven control allows you to slowly cook your food at a preset temperature of 150°F for an adjustable time of...
- Extra large interior accommodates 2 16 inches pizzas; Preheat setting gets oven temperature up to where you need for precise cooking
This oven from Oster is known for its performance, versatility, and durability. Starting with the looks, the sleek design of this oven scores full points from me. A sleek designed door that opens with a single hand for ease and convenience. The oven has an extra-large capacity that can take 2 16-inch pizza, a family-sized chicken, casserole, 14v slices of bread. There’s a digital control panel on the side for all the functions. That are signals indicating preheat and bake when done. The placement has dual racks and a crumb tray at the bottom that makes it easier to clean.
The turbo convection heat technology circulates air throughout the oven for faster cooking and baking. There is a built-in indicator light to let to know when done. You can even slow cook your food at 150 degrees for an adjustable time up to 6 hours. The timer can be set at 90 minutes max for cooking and it will automatically turn off when done. You can bake, toast, broil, warm, and convection cook in just one touch.
- Single pull French door
- 90 minutes preset timer
- Turbo convection baking technology
- Digital control panel
- Can accommodate 2 16-inch pizzas
- Crumble tray
- The glass door can get too hot while operating with bare hands
The french door option, the versatile functions and the consumer ratings make it a good buying option.
- Large countertop oven - Enough for baking a 14-inch pizza, roasting a 20-lb turkey, a family cake or a nice tenderloin and comfortably fit 24 cup muffin trays....
- French door designed - When the door is open, it does not occupy the space of the desktop, and the operation is more convenient.
- Separate temperature selector - separate and precise temperature control for upper and lower racks, allows you to set two temperatures for different foods at a...
- Simply control & 60-minute timer - set the temperature and timer to your exact specifications using the easy-to-turn knobs. The auto shutoff and signal bell...
- Fast & even heating - Luby electric oven can be heated fast and even by the four heating Tubes. Perfect for broiling turkey, fish, baking pizzas, cookies,...
This is a large countertop oven from Luby. The capacity is big enough to bake a 14-inch pizza, a 20 lb turkey, a family cake and 20 muffins. If you own a small bakery, this oven is perfect to accommodate your baking stuff. This too has a french door design. There are easy to turn knobs on the side for temperature controls. The four heating tubes inside for baking, heating, broiling, and toasting. The machine comes with a baking tray, a wire rack, and a tray handle.
The best part is separate temperature controls for the upper and lower racks. This offers more versatility and flexibility over cooking and baking. You can adjust the knobs separately for temperature controls. The oven has four positions for racks and pans, for maximum flexibility. There’s a 60-minute timer that automatically turns off the oven when done. You can open a single door to check the food, without letting much heat escape from within.
- Upper and lower separate heating tubes
- 55-litre Large capacity
- French Door
- 60-minute timer
- Fast and even heating
- Baking tray, wire rack, and tray handle included
- The grills are weak to hold a casserole
The 55-litre capacity and the french door makes it an attractive buy. I would say, that the price of this one is cheaper than the other counterparts.
The 66-litre huge capacity of this oven is the primary feature why it’s on my list. There are other capacity options available – 26l and 46l. For commercial purpose, I would suggest going for this capacity option though. The oven has 4 racks for accommodating most of your baking items. The oven opens with a drop-down handle on the exterior. The temperature control knobs are placed at the bottom. The knobs are for temperature controls, adjustable timer, and for steam injection,
The interiors of the oven have a convection fan and a lamp. The shelves of the oven are removable. So you can accommodate larger size items like a turkey for baking. Each shelf can hold a 1/2 size sheet pan. This oven has a good capacity and offers for versatility in cooking and baking.
- 1/2 size sheet pan
- 66-litre capacity
- 4 racks for placement
- Versatility in cooking
- The four racks sometimes lack even cooking
All the features of this oven look good. The amazingly high capacity of this oven is best suited for commercial setups.
- ROTISSERIE READY: Comes with removable 3-pc chrome rotisserie spit rod & commercial grade fork set. The removable rotisserie set allows you to cook a variety of...
- BUILT-IN CONVENIENCE/PIZZA DRAWER: The separate lower oven, with built-in convenience/pizza drawer, allows you to cook your favorite 12” pizza, frozen snacks,...
- FASTER CONVECTION COOKING: No need to preheat: Thanks to its built-in convection fan, heat is circulated evenly inside the oven - allowing it to cook food 30%...
- INTERIOR COOKING LIGHT: Interior light automatically comes on and stays on during the cooking process - allowing you to see your food cook from start to finish....
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Gemelli Twin Oven; Pizza Drawer; 3-pc Chrome Rotisserie Spit Rod with Commercial Grade Rotisserie Fork Set; Convenience/Pizza Drawer; Chrome...
This professional-grade twin oven from Gemelli has an interesting exterior. The exteriors are stainless steel and there’s an inbuilt pizza drawer at the bottom. However, it can only accommodate a medium-sized pizza. The lower drawer for pizza can also be used for 12” pizza, toast bread, bagels, and more. The oven requires no need to preheat, the convection fan inside can efficiently cook food evenly and quickly.
The oven comes with a removable 3 piece chrome rotisserie spit rod and commercial grade fork set. You can cook a variety of healthy and flavorful meats (5-6 lbs evenly), while unwanted fats drip away. The control knobs on the side provide for a variety of control options for versatility cooking. The oven has 3 rack positions and 8 cooking functions – Bake, Slow Cook, Convection Roast, Broil, Rotisserie, Defrost, and Keep Warm, that you can choose from. The interior cooking light informs automatically when done.
- Lower pizza rack
- 3 pc chrome rotisserie spit rod with a fork set
- Chrome grill rack
- Easy clean enamel bake pan
- Crumb tray
- Four control knobs for temperature and functionality
- The oven could have a larger capacity
The lower rack for pizza makes the design an attractive choice. the rotisserie rod and forks are for roasting perfectly. The capacity of this one, however, low.
- Broil, convection bake, bake and roast functions
- Clear View double pane glass
- Includes stainless drip pan
- 120 Volt 1700 watts
- NSF approved
This commercial convection oven from Waring has convection bake, bake, broil, and roast functions. The machine includes a drip pan and it is NSF approved. The exterior of the oven has a drop-down open handle door and control knobs on the side. The body is made of heavy-duty, brushed stainless steel.
The capacity of this one is not suited for your big set-up. But, if you own a fair-sized establishment, you can go for this option. The oven fits a half sheet pan. The sheet pan does not sit on the racks. They slide in like racks and sit on the edges of each side of the cavity. There are 3 rack placement options and a crumb tray at the bottom
- fits 1/2 sheet sized pan
- 3 racks and a crumb tray
- Broil, convection bake, bake and roast functions
- Can take up a 12-14 pound turkey
- Simple to use controls
- The price is slightly higher than the other counterparts
The features of this oven look good. the rotisserie option is missing though. the price is however higher than the other counterparts.
- 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL CONVECTION OVEN】Convection oven perfect for Roasting Baking Drying Steaming Defrosting Reheating, widely used to Baking Cookies, Cakes,...
- 【CIRCULATION HEATING MORE EVENLY】Circulation heating, and the temperature is in the form of convection motion when cooking, which make the food get heated...
- 【INTELLIGENT CONTROL FOR EASY OPERATING】Take control of your cooking with our convection oven to precisely set your heating temperature from 0 to 350℃ and...
- 【63Qt/60L-LARGE CAPACITY 】63Qt/60L capacity is enough to serve 10-15 person family's dining and entertainment needs for steamed the whole fish, roasted...
- 【PREMIUM QUALITY WITH PROMPT AFTER SALES SERVICE】- Convection oven countertop, consists of stainless steel casing, 4-layer Thickenedf glass door, and food...
This commercial convection oven from VBENLEM has a 110V power and a 60-litre capacity. The exterior of the oven has smart looks. There is an easy to pull handle on the side, different from the other brands. The digital control panel on the side has multiple touch control options for added functionality and versatility. There is 4 glass rack placement on the inside of the oven. The oven has a hard tempered glass with an added explosion-proof layer.
The oven has a grill and convection combo perfect for roasting, baking, drying, steaming, defrosting, and reheating. This oven is perfect for home and commercial use. The grill temp functions are to make your cooking food surface more attractive, such as charred yellow baguette, golden tart and fluffy and crispy pizza. There’s a spray function too, for perfectly cooking turkey. There are intelligent memory option, preset options, and steam/light options on the control panel for versatility in cooking.
- 60-litre capacity
- Intelligent touch control panel
- Intelligent memory option
- Grill temperature settings
- Spray function
- 4 layers shelf with adjustment
- Stainless steel interiors
- Roasting, baking, drying and grilling functions
- The heating pipe gets too hot
The heating element pipe is placed on the top, so the item on the top rack can be cooked with a higher temperature than the lower one. The spray functions are best for a perfectly cooked turkey.
- 45L capacity - Fits 9 slices of toast on 2 racks for a total of 18 slices and roasts up to a 20lb turkey. Four rack positions fit up to 2 x 14" pizzas with...
- French dual door design allows you to open one or both doors at a time saving precious counter space. Four rack positions allow you to cook multiple dishes at...
- Convection feature circulates hot air inside the oven for flakier crusts, deeper flavors and more tender meats, in less time. Rotisserie spit & Fork assembly...
- Independent Temperature Knobs up to 450°F to separately control top and bottom heating elements - turn on only one or both at the same time; 60-minute timer...
- Stainless Steel door handle, frame, and panel adds style and elegance. Oven door constructed of safety tempered glass, and slide-out crumb and grease tray makes...
This oven from Elite Gourmet is a double French door countertop convection toaster oven. The oven has bake, broil, toast, rotisserie, and keep warm options. The oven has a 45l capacity, perfect for variety cooking. It can fit 9 slices of toast on 2 racks for a total of 18 slices and can roast up to 20lbs of turkey. The oven has 4 rack positions and can fit 2 14 inch pizzas.
The french dual door allows ease of use and convenience. The side knobs are for the temperature and time control options. There are separate heating options for upper and lower racks. The rotisserie spit and fork assembly rotate food inside for perfection cooking. There are 2 removable wire racks, a baking pan, a crumb tray, a rotisserie rod, rotisserie removal too, and tray removal tool accompanied with the oven. You can bake, broil, and toast with this versatile oven.
- 2 wire fracks and a crumb tray
- Baking pan
- French door exterior
- Separate upper and lower heating temperature adjustments
- 45 l capacity
- 60-minute timer
- Rotisserie rod and prongs
- The doors can get very hot to operate with bare hands
This too has a french door. However, when compared with the other counterparts, it comes with all the added accessories, including the baking pan.
While working in a commercial setup, you will require a high capacity for cooking and baking. Choose one that best suits your establishment capacity.
2. Heating Element
The heating element should be placed as such that it perfectly heats the upper and lower racks. However, individual temperature settings will help for versatility cooking.
3. Grill and Roast Functions
Your commercial convection oven should be able to grill and roast the items well. The rotisserie option would be the best for meat cooking.
4. Solid Build
The solid build is necessary for your commercial setup. If your oven has to be powerful and the glass door should be shatterproof. Your oven will be in use all throughout the day, so, the build has to be strong
5. Additional Accessories
Additional accessories with the oven like rotisserie rod, crumb tray and forks would help.
1. Do I need to adjust the temperature during convection cooking?
For more recipes, the temperature can be lowered by 25 degrees. Very few temperature adjustments are required though. Foods can cook at the same rate, even at low temperatures.
2. Are there different types of convection?
The answer is Yes. The European convection ovens have a third heating element at the back. Fan-assisted convection ovens use a bottom heating element along with a fan for even cooking.
3. Do I need to preheat my convection oven?
Yes, all the convection ovens need to be preheated before cooking. The oven will indicate when the oven is preheated and then you can start with the cooking process.
4. Do foods cook faster in a convection oven?
Yes. The foods will cook 30 per cent faster in convection ovens. However, baked items will need to be cooked in the full amount of time to cook correctly.
Still have doubts? Watch this video.
Overall, Elite Gourmet Double French Door Countertop Convection Toaster Oven is the perfect choice for me. Along with the French door and 45-litre capacity, this also has a rotisserie attached. The price of this one looks attractive too. You can try some amazing baking recipes with this one. So, get a versatile commercial convection oven for your commercial kitchen and happy baking!
You can also check out smart oven by Breville on our website.
Akanksha is a postgraduate in Commerce. She is a homemaker and is constantly looking for rational solutions that keeps it all easy-peasy around the kitchen. She believes in engaging with her readers through a personal touch while keeping up with their rationale to help them with better analysis and pro decisions. To every woman out there, homemaker or working, her shout out is – “You deserve it!!”.